Contribute
Register

MSI Z490 Tomahawk + i7-10700k / Catalina 15.5.5 / OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have a 2 nvme m2 drive. I run with xmp profile #1 (the second one is empty)

I have a MSI Z490 A-PRO, i manage to boot up, but I get stuck here... I too have a RX590. Any thoughts?
IMG_1473.JPG

I have a MSI Z490 A-PRO, i manage to boot up, but I get stuck here... I too have a RX590. Any thoughts? View attachment 476522
This looks to me like you are missing some of the installation media (if this is during the install) -- or if this is post install, then you may have a corrupt installation.

Mnope, it's pre-install :lol:. It boots to opencore and then goes here. I don't manage to see the apple logo or the installer in order to format the drive and etc. I'll try re-making the usb.

Same error. Tried with a different stick and a different build.
Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 17.15.17.png

Attachments

• my_efi.zip
    718.2 KB · Views: 77
Is audio working on Tomahawk? I believe it's Realtek ALC1200 (maybe try the Z490 Vision D files). On the Z490 A Pro MSI states that it's Realtek ALC892... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/alc892-audio-doesnt-work-macos-catalina-10-15-3.291444/

I use ALC1200 config. It shows all outputs, but there is no sound.
But I figured out that sound appears after sleep mode. It's very strange, it looks like there is some problem with power or something.

But thanks, I will try ALC892 today. Maybe it's the issue.

Hello!
Since we are having similar boards and I'm using your EFI as a base for editing I thought here would be a good place to post my issues I have:

So far I could install Mac OS and boot it up with my edited config. What isn't working is:
- iGPU acceleration
- Ethernet

If I try different frame buffer = black screen
If I try to fake the id = black screen

But maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Windows reports the device ID "9BC5" for the iGPU.

As for ethernet I followed this guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/ktext.html
Putting the LucyRTL8125Ethernet file into the Kexts folder isn't enough I guess?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 79
Hi.

I boot up a few times on HD Graphics with HDMI, but it works without full acceleration. So I just switched to DP for now.

Yeap, I use the same kext (LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext) for ethernet. You need to put it into Kexts folder and link it in config.plist (as I see it linked already in your EFI).

Then something must be wrong with my config I guess. :/

I'm using my iGPU with the Display Port because I read in the OpenCore readme (?) that HDMI isn't fully supported yet.

In your config you are using a fake ID for your iGPU and also use "framebuffer-patch-enable". In the WhateverGreen FAQ the say that it's usually not necessary when the OS supports the devices which it should since 10.15.4. Did you have issues otherwise?
I tried your config but couldn't properly boot with it (black screen).
With my config I can boot at least though it's not HW accelrated. Is there a "proper" way to find out what may fix this?

Also I'm wondering why the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext isn't working for me :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back