Contribute
Register

MSI Z370 SLI PLUS with I5-8600K and built-in UHD630 (8th Gen recommended HW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dears,

bought MSI-z370 SLI PLUS MB with i5-8600k processor (16GM RAM). i will use built-in Graphics which is UHD630.
above MB is also mentioned in recommended hardware (8th gen)

Some how High Sierra is installed but
  • built-in UHD 630 not working properly. framing, blinking. read that high sierra can recognize I5 processor & vga 630 :(
  • HDD is not bootable with multibeast or with Clover (only boot if system booted from usb)
thanks

258544-b15e380c1e514672dbb502f5d4370cc2.jpg
258545-5e66b1e9436488209b07806e5e1a251e.jpg

Update.

found one Clover folder here in forums and after copying to my HDD efi, clover folder. i can see very high resolution screen in blinks. os is loading and can see system entered to account after adding password. i think resolution is to high that my 4k tv cannot handle it properly.

how to lower resolution in clover arguments or any other way before entering to Mac?

Attachments

• 20180104_213327.jpg
    20180104_213327.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Dears,

Some how High Sierra is installed but
  • built-in UHD 630 not working properly. framing, blinking. read that high sierra can recognize I5 processor & vga 630 :(

I got msi z370 a-pro + 8600k , uhd work perfect with this :

UHD Graphics 630 config.plist settings
Mount EFI and open EFI > CLOVER > config.plist using Clover Configurator

Update values as below
Devices > FakeID > IntelGFX = 0x59128086
Graphics > ig-platform-id = 0x59120000

settings from this thread

Are you using HDMI or Displayport?

It should work.

Using HDMI port, not trying display port, my MSI onboard UHD630 works amazingly perfectly in OS X 10.13.2, Apple Metal acceleration, etc. I did have to use a workaround for an EFI file. It was a quick simple UniBeast/MultiBeast install otherwise.

I did NOT have to install a GPU card at any point.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/posts/1673762/

I suspect you overlooked something or did not set up something right. But I did not try your CPU, nor your specific MSI motherboard. We are both using z370 on an MSI though.

It can work fine, and maybe I should just write a step by step hyper explicit tutorial for MSI z370 owners who want to not disable their critically vital UHD630.

Even not using the UHD630 for primary video , it dramatically adds more benchmark power to Apple OpenCL benchmarks suxh as "Luxmark OpenCL Benchmark" combined with another GPU card or two if using SLI.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/post-os-x-luxmark-opencl-benchmarks.147035/

123 megabyte benchmark here :
http://www.luxrender.net/release/luxmark/v3.1/luxmark-macos64-v3.1.zip

OpenCL is a wonderful thing for Mac users, but too many guides and tutorials on here foolishly tell you to disable the z370 UHD630 because they are not considering OpenCL's many wonderful virtues. The "Luxmark OpenCL Benchmark" results for people with additional on-board GPU vindicates keeping your Intel on-chip GPU alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL

You not only want to keep your UHD630 but also utilize it for main video. Especially with bitcoin and Monero miners eating up all the best cards on earth with 8 or more gigabytes of on-board GPU RAM.

This hour I will go test DisplayPort to HDMI converter cable next and test DisplayPort to 4K PRISM monitor as well, because I would not want to be wrong about your flicker issue. You have raised my curiosity. It should all be magically flawless on a MSI x370 but I think I heard that i5 i3 might not be as hassle free. I am using i7 8700K.

A nice but cheap 4K monitor on a quality Displayport cable worked perfectly on my MSI motherboard, without any other GPU installed, as did the HDMI. I tested a variety of 3D content. This was a fresh 10.13.2 install as mentioned. So your flicker might be your cable or some installation issue or setting.

Dears,

thank you so much for your kind input, i was able to install VGA (HDMI) via multi-beast and with some manual setting. find out that if i run any movie there will be no display only sound in VLC and quick time.

problem solved by clean install of high sierra and with help of multi beast, all done

pending issues are no sound via HDMI cable and no 2k/4k res. (only 1080 and 1080i)

thanks

Last edited:
How did you get the sound working?
I am trying a build with the same motherboard but no sound devices are detected. I tried the Realtec ALC1220 driver from multibeast.

How did you get the sound working?
I am trying a build with the same motherboard but no sound devices are detected. I tried the Realtec ALC1220 driver from multibeast.
applealc in clover, works fine with id 1, ok with 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back