Contribute
Register

MSI Z370: Can similar motherboards share the same EFI file or tweaks required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I am working on a Hackintosh build. I currently own a MSI Z370 Gaming Plus and 8700k, but unfortunately I cannot find anyone who has ever finished his or her build based on this motherboard.
Meanwhile, I found out that there are many successful cases builded upon MSI Z370-A PRO, and according to MSI document, it is basically the same with mine.
QQ20200128-012726@2x.png

QQ20200128-013153@2x.png

So I was wondering if I can apply the efi and settings of Z370-A Pro directly into mine, which will save huge amount of time, or should I need to change something? I am a novice and English is not my first language, big thanks for your help!
Also here is the EFI I found, think it might help someone: https://github.com/daliansky/Z370-Hackintosh

You can use an EFI if the similarities are near enough the same just to help with the installation but I would suggest once you complete the install, try and generate your own DSDT and SSDT as no two systems will be exactly the same. Every system has it's own characteristics no matter the similarities.

Ive been wondering that as well. Havent found a DSDT and SSDT solution that works consistently though. I have my z370 installed and working pretty decent so far. I did use someone elses EFI and then i tweaked the Devices tab for my dedicated video card and added a boot flag for it. Thats it. Still working on being able to boot directly though. Great chipset and board though.

When you say found have you tried generating your own.
Yes I've tried once with my buddy, we spent all night and booted it up, but it shows 7MB VRAM and some other issues, then we gave up because of exams, this time I want to do sufficient research before I start...

Yes I've tried once with my buddy, we spent all night and booted it up, but it shows 7MB VRAM and some other issues, then we gave up because of exams, this time I want to do sufficient research before I start...

how did u prepare your usb please i have the same motherboard and processor i tried macos its just after formatting the hard drive ,

This is my method - Download Catalina to my Application Folder, then Erased and formatted a 16GB usb drive with this Option - MacOS Extended (Journaled) then run this Script in Terminal -

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled -- /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app

Sit back and let the Magic happen takes around 30 minutes - Note when you Erase and Format the USB drive, leave it at the default name Untitled.

When the installation is completed on the usb, I then install Clover for UEFI booting only to it, at that completion, I then mount the EFI partition of the usb drive and erase the EFI Folder there and Copy and Paste this folder (below) which allows me to install to the Hard Drive and reach the Desktop.

On reaching the Desktop I will then mount the EFI Partition of the Hard Drive and copy over the EFI Folder from the USB Installer onto the EFI partition of the Hard Drive so that the Drive will boot without the aid of the usb Drive.
When this is done I will reboot the machine to verify this and make all necessary tweaks and adjustments.

Side Note - You need to populate your profile with your new or intended specs, this facilitates the ability for other members to assist you with any queries you may have. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 330
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back