Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170A XPOWER
CPU
Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte 980 TI
I cant get the Apple install to finish. It now gives me a Circle with a slash / through it and I cant get past this. Anyone have the same motherboard or issue? I'm using this motherboard with a gigabyte 980ti. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am also not able to get into the installer, replacing the apto2 with the apto file and booting with -v -x gets me further, but it always hangs at the crossed out circle. This motherboard is on the suggested list of compatible motherboards, does that mean that it should work or that tony just thinks it might? I need to return this board soon if it's a no go, and it should be taken off the list.

This is a super looking board, I'd like to install with it. Depending on which USB ports you'll need to add the raise port limit patch to your config.plist See 10.11.4+ Skylake Starter Guide. Using 'UEFI Boot Mode' creation with UniBeast will add USBInjectAll.kext to your USB installer.

Note which ports you're using as you have a combination of ASMedia (will work with GenericUSBXHCI.kext). You've 7 x Intel 3.1(14 ports) and 7 Intel 2.0 (7 ports) Apples limit is 15 and you guys are at 21 ports.

Make sure in the BIOS you have XHCI Handoff = Enabled.
Until you install the alternative web drivers for the newer Nvidia cards you'll need to add nv_disable=1 to your boot arguments.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM-EDITION.html#hero-specification

Thank you for the reply! It was suggested that I try some different USB ports, and that worked straight away. No patch required. The USB port all the way at the top left of the IO works (just left of the "USB Hotkey" port). Hope this helps someone!

I cant get the Apple install to finish. It now gives me a Circle with a slash / through it and I cant get past this. Anyone have the same motherboard or issue? I'm using this motherboard with a gigabyte 980ti. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey, boot into unibeast (USB stick) and select boot options. Mine was, by default, set to 10.10.10, I changed this to 10.11.1 for El Capitan and then rebooted and everything worked perfectly. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back