Contribute
Register

MSI Z170A Gaming M7+GTX970, about to try a Customac, advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M7
CPU
Intel Core I7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
Hi forum, I've done a few Customacs in my time and I've waited patiently for Skylake support to improve so I can try out El Capitan on my system.

Now I feel things have improved enough to go ahead and try it out, I've read and reread all the relevant info and I'm familiar with all the processes, got my config.plist made up and I'm almost ready to start. Just waiting for Unibeast to finish its jobs now so I can do the after config them I am ready to install.

I've looked around a fair bit on here and I've not seen anybody trying to do a Skylake install on an MSI board, is there a reason for this? Am I missing something or is it just that people haven't got around to testing them yet?

I'm going for it anyway so I will report my findings here and if successful my intention is to try and create a working DSDT for my board.

Full specs are

MSI Z170A Gaming M7
I7 6700K
16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz
MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G
Samsung SM951 512GB M.2 (this is for Windows so should not impact Mac OS at all)
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD (this is for Mac OS)

Also I've got 2 Sandisk SSDs, can I do a RAID install of El Capitan?

Any advice or info would be amazing.

Cheers all.

Hi, dungeonseeker.

I agree with you. I also have the configuration of the PC-based motherboard MSI. And nowhere guide nuances of settings.

:think:

Full specs are
MSI Z170A PC Mate (ethernet - Realtek® RTL8111H :crazy:)
I7 6600K
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 MHz
MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming TF 2Gb
SDD Kingmax SMP35 Client 60GB
HDD WD Caviar Blue WD3200AAKX 320

That's doesn't seem to be correct. If you're looking at MultiBeast 6.x, you should be looking at MultiBeast 8.x.

For instance, the MSI Z170A PC Mate mentioned above has an ALC887 which is supported by MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back