Contribute
Register

MSI Z170 GAMING M5 - problem with Clover boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's better. Thanks, cmn699!
Would you share what you did and how did you do it?
  • Since you had ACPI Patches in EFI>CLOVER>ACPI_Patched: SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml and SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-2.aml , I surmised any additional changes in CLOVER>config.plist>Devices_Audio SECTION may be conflicting with the ACPI aml patches.
  • I 'gingerly' removed the config .plist_Devices_Audio editing, hoping the that will restore the lost Audio to your system.
    • I then uploaded you that EFI as zipped.
  • I normally post my responses in detail to show what I have done; but after a very long day of intense work, I was too tired or lazy to do that.
    • I want my responses to help the OP and inform/educate others at the same time about problem solving in a Forum.
  • I felt bad I did not do what I should have and waited to see your response to clarify.

Did you get your Audio BacK?
You just responded
That's better.
I am left guessing!

• Since you had ACPI Patches in EFI>CLOVER>ACPI_Patched: SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml and SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-2.aml , I surmised any additional changes in CLOVER>config.plist>Devices_Audio SECTION may be conflicting with the ACPI aml patches.
  • I 'gingerly' removed the config .plist_Devices_Audio editing, hoping the that will restore the lost Audio to your system.
    • I then uploaded you that EFI as zipped.
  • I normally post my responses in detail to show what I have done; but after a very long day of intense work, I was too tired or lazy to do that.
    • I want my responses to help the OP and inform/educate others at the same time about problem solving in a Forum.
  • I felt bad I did not do what I should have and waited to see your response to clarify.

Did you get your Audio BacK?
You just responded
I am left guessing!

Thanks cmn699 for the detailed information.
On the CLOVER boot screen, I generated F4 native ACPI files to EFI / Clover / ACPI / origin. Maybe I'm mistaken to have generated with F5 DSDT patched.

Anyway, the problem is still there. This morning, the old sound settings with the high-frequency sound came back. Interestingly, the system once loads your settings, once it returns your old ones. Without any connection what driver when it loads. The screenshots are from this morning on two software loads one after the other.

I wonder if i upload DSDT and SSDT will solve my problems?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-22 at 7.41.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-22 at 7.41.59.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2019-05-22 at 7.47.13.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-22 at 7.47.13.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 44
Thanks cmn699 for the detailed information.
On the CLOVER boot screen, I generated F4 native ACPI files to EFI / Clover / ACPI / origin. Maybe I'm mistaken to have generated with F5 DSDT patched.

Anyway, the problem is still there. This morning, the old sound settings with the high-frequency sound came back. Interestingly, the system once loads your settings, once it returns your old ones. Without any connection what driver when it loads. The screenshots are from this morning on two software loads one after the other.

I wonder if i upload DSDT and SSDT will solve my problems?

I have difficulty understanding what you are trying to communicate.

On the CLOVER boot screen, I generated F4 native ACPI files to EFI / Clover / ACPI / origin.

This I understood. You pressed F4 at Clover Boot Manager Screen to dump native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/ origin.

Maybe I'm mistaken to have generated with F5 DSDT patched
Can you make this clearer?

Can you upload the image of CLOVER /ACPI and its sub folders in open view?

This morning, the old sound settings with the high-frequency sound came back.
Understood.
Interestingly, the system once loads your settings, once it returns your old ones. Without any connection what driver when it loads.
I read this many times. I just cannot get a clear picture of what you are trying to say. Very sorry.
The screenshots are from this morning on two software loads one after the other.

First part of that sentence is talking about the two screen shots of Preferences >Sound with the input and output tabs; one showing the Internal Speakers through which you can hear sound and the other one what you previously had that caused the strange noice and no audio through speakers, Right?

Without any connection what driver when it loads.
This made no sense at all to me .

Please post your message clearly with a lot of screen shots you had been seeing but not sharing ; you have based your conclusions on the basis of what you saw on your screen .

Uploading those images to supplement what your text shows will be a better way to communicate through the Forum.

I have difficulty understanding what you are trying to communicate.

I apologize for my bad English.
This I understood. You pressed F4 at Clover Boot Manager Screen to dump native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/ origin.

That's right, I used the f4 key on Clover's boot screen to extract my native / clean DSDT. Tonight I will try to send screenshots to files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/. I suppose I have to use only one of the two F4 or F5 buttons?

Interestingly, the system once loads your settings, once it returns your old ones. Without any connection what driver when it loads.

I mean, after running the computer, the system loads with your sound drivers, and when I restart the computer, the system is loads with the old driver that does not work. With no direct dependence.

First part of that sentence is talking about the two screen shots of Preferences >Sound with the input and output tabs; one showing the Internal Speakers through which you can hear sound and the other one what you previously had that caused the strange noice and no audio through speakers, Right?

That's right. Two different sound driver in two successive starts of the system.

This morning I noticed that when the system starts with the old sound driver, it is loaded Voodoohda.kext, but tonight I will upload photos to the screen.

Hello, cmn699

Here are the screenshots. Files called "sound" are the screenshots when I have a sound (your driver). Files called "no_sound" are the screenshots when I do not have the sound - the old driver.
I also send a screenshot of EFI/Clover/ACPI/.
Is this enough?

Attachments

• no_sound.png
    no_sound.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 42
  • no_sound1.png
    no_sound1.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 44
  • sound.png
    sound.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 44
  • sound1.png
    sound1.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 49
  • ACPI.png
    ACPI.png
    454.6 KB · Views: 51
Hello, cmn699

Here are the screenshots. Files called "sound" are the screenshots when I have a sound (your driver). Files called "no_sound" are the screenshots when I do not have the sound - the old driver.
I also send a screenshot of EFI/Clover/ACPI/.
Is this enough?
  • It is very time intensive to troubleshoot line by line from this stage.
  • The best approach seems to me to delete current CLOVER folder from your macOSMojave System Disk's EFI /EFI after mounting with CCG and copy and paste of CLOVER I had previously uploaded from thread #29

• It is very time intensive to troubleshoot line by line from this stage.
  • The best approach seems to me to delete current CLOVER folder from your macOSMojave System Disk's EFI /EFI after mounting with CCG and copy and paste of CLOVER I had previously uploaded from thread #29
Thanks cmn699, I will make the changes and if I need help, I will write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back