Contribute
Register

MSI Z170 GAMING M5 - problem with Clover boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello cmn699,

does it make sense to return the old file, provided the new one does the same thing well?

On weekends I tried the following:
- I made a bootable usb with Clover EFI bootloader (Legacy), changed settings from bios (from UEFI to UEFI+Legacy). The device started the same way. It failed to get to the hdd device screen (GUI screen) without pressing a keypad keypad.
- I made a bootable usb with Chameleon Bootloader revision v2.4svn r2910 (Legacy+EFI partition). The device started up correctly and without my intervention came to the hdd device screen (GUI screen).

My attempts show me that my motherboard does not like the Clover EFI bootloader (UEFI or Legacy). My motherboard likes Chameleon Bootloader :) Or is there a bug in the settings? What do you think?
Frankly, I don't know.
I have stopped using Chameleon Bootloader for the past two years and lost my skill too!

My motherboard likes Chameleon Bootloader

This thread is about Mojave and it is not possible to boot Mojave with the Chameleon boot loader.
It is possible to boot Mojave with the Enoch fork of Chameleon but that is not supported on this site.

This thread is about Mojave and it is not possible to boot Mojave with the Chameleon boot loader.
It is possible to boot Mojave with the Enoch fork of Chameleon but that is not supported on this site.

That's right, you're right P1LGRIM

The problem with my motherboard is Clover UEFI. I'm looking for support for Clover bootloader, not Enoch. Can you help me?

I thought Enoch and Chameleon were the same, but they were not.

• Thank you for your uploads.
  • I don't know what type of Speaker you have.
  • I have edited the Sound Out Menu to show that you have to choose "Internal Speakers" as Output [See image]
  • I have uploaded pictures of my Logitech Speaker's Green Analog Audio Port connection to the Lemon Green Audio Port at the back Panel of the Desktop computer (GA-B85H-DS3HA Motherboard ) running macOSMojave 10.14.4 with Internal Speakers as Audio Out

Hello cmn699,

I'm sorry to deal with my troubles, but I wanted to ask you to explain what corrected me so I could have a sound? Ask you because I want to be able to just do it :)

I have a strange problem again.

When I start the system, I have great sound with your settings (screenshot1), but sometimes the system is loading with the default sound settings (screenshot2) that have only high frequency noise. I can not explain why they come back, provided I use your EFI folder. Do you have any idea what's going on? (The screenshots have already been uploaded and are examples to see the menus because I did not have the opportunity to make the real ones today.)

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 50
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 50
Hello cmn699,

I'm sorry to deal with my troubles, but I wanted to ask you to explain what corrected me so I could have a sound? Ask you because I want to be able to just do it :)

I have a strange problem again.

When I start the system, I have great sound with your settings (screenshot1), but sometimes the system is loading with the default sound settings (screenshot2) that have only high frequency noise. I can not explain why they come back, provided I use your EFI folder. Do you have any idea what's going on? (The screenshots have already been uploaded and are examples to see the menus because I did not have the opportunity to make the real ones today.)
Please upload CLOVER from your macOSMojave System hard Disk as zipped using steps : #9

Please upload CLOVER from your macOSMojave System hard Disk as zipped using steps : #9

Hello cmn699,
this is my Clover folder.
Tonight I noticed that the system was not turned off properly. Do I have something to fix?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 50
Hello cmn699,
this is my Clover folder.
Tonight I noticed that the system was not turned off properly. Do I have something to fix?
Try this edited Version of EFI after unzip.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back