Contribute
Register

MSI Z170 GAMING M5 - problem with Clover boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this edited EFI and see if that fixes things for you.

Hi cmn699,

I tried your EFI folder, but unfortunately I have no sound. This time there is no sound, unlike my EFI folder where I hear high-frequency sound. I resend screenshots with your EFI folder.

Other suggestions?

Attachments

• About-audio.png
    About-audio.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DPCIManager-status.png
    DPCIManager-status.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Sound-input.png
    Sound-input.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Sound-output.png
    Sound-output.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 46
Hi cmn699,

I tried your EFI folder, but unfortunately I have no sound. This time there is no sound, unlike my EFI folder where I hear high-frequency sound. I resend screenshots with your EFI folder.

Other suggestions?
  • Thank you for your uploads.
  • I don't know what type of Speaker you have.
  • I have edited the Sound Out Menu to show that you have to choose "Internal Speakers" as Output [See image]
  • I have uploaded pictures of my Logitech Speaker's Green Analog Audio Port connection to the Lemon Green Audio Port at the back Panel of the Desktop computer (GA-B85H-DS3HA Motherboard ) running macOSMojave 10.14.4 with Internal Speakers as Audio Out

Attachments

• 1,Sound.png
    1,Sound.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 2.Speaker Connection.png
    2.Speaker Connection.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
  • Thank you for your uploads.
  • I don't know what type of Speaker you have.
  • I have edited the Sound Out Menu to show that you have to choose "Internal Speakers" as Output [See image]
  • I have uploaded pictures of my Logitech Speaker's Green Analog Audio Port connection to the Lemon Green Audio Port at the back Panel of the Desktop computer (GA-B85H-DS3HA Motherboard ) running macOSMojave 10.14.4 with Internal Speakers as Audio Out

Thank you for your help, cmn699. The sound problem is solved.

It remains to solve the problem of waking the computer. When the computer is sleeped I can not wake it up. The screen stays black. Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you for your help, cmn699. The sound problem is solved.

It remains to solve the problem of waking the computer. When the computer is sleeped I can not wake it up. The screen stays black. Do you have any suggestion?

• Sleep is one area in Desktop Hackintosh, I haven't shown much interest and hence I have very limited skill in problem solving in that area.
    • It is, basically, because I have a few Multi-boot Desktops and I shut most down most of them unless I have problem in the Forum pertaining to its hardware or hardware similar to that I try to simulate to find a fix.
    • The PC I use is ALWAYS ON until I shut it down at night.

• If you can upload the screen capture of your System Preferences_ Energy Saver , I can try to find some tips to your problem unless someone with your hardware can give you a better fix.[See image]

Attachments

• 1.Energy Saver.png
    1.Energy Saver.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Sleep is one area in Desktop Hackintosh, I haven't shown much interest and hence I have very limited skill in problem solving in that area.
    • It is, basically, because I have a few Multi-boot Desktops and I shut most down most of them unless I have problem in the Forum pertaining to its hardware or hardware similar to that I try to simulate to find a fix.
    • The PC I use is ALWAYS ON until I shut it down at night.

• If you can upload the screen capture of your System Preferences_ Energy Saver , I can try to find some tips to your problem unless someone with your hardware can give you a better fix.[See image]

Thank you again cmn699,

This is a screen capture of my System Preferences -> Energy Saver. After the computer sleeped, I can not wake him up either with a keyboard or a mouse. The only thing I can do is it turn on again from the power button, but then the screen stays black. After restarting, I have an error message, which is also an attachment.

Attachments

• EROR.pdf
    34.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Energy_saver.png
    Energy_saver.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 45
Your uploaded error report shows a problem with Intel HD Graphics .

Try this uploaded config.plist to replace the currently used one in your CLOVER and see if there is any change. I had removed the FakeID of Intel GFX in config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 66
Hello cmn699,

I uploaded and changed my config.plist file with yours, but again I got a kernel panic. You can see it as a file.
Revert to the previous config as this one caused KP from Intel Graphics.
For your previous problem of inability to wake , try unchecking ( remove [√] ) all Energy Saver options EXCEPT the First and test for resolution of that problem.

Attachments

• Energy saver.png
    Energy saver.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Revert to the previous config as this one caused KP from Intel Graphics.
For your previous problem of inability to wake , try unchecking ( remove [√] ) all Energy Saver options EXCEPT the First and test for resolution of that problem.

Hello cmn699,

does it make sense to return the old file, provided the new one does the same thing well?

On weekends I tried the following:
- I made a bootable usb with Clover EFI bootloader (Legacy), changed settings from bios (from UEFI to UEFI+Legacy). The device started the same way. It failed to get to the hdd device screen (GUI screen) without pressing a keypad keypad.
- I made a bootable usb with Chameleon Bootloader revision v2.4svn r2910 (Legacy+EFI partition). The device started up correctly and without my intervention came to the hdd device screen (GUI screen).

My attempts show me that my motherboard does not like the Clover EFI bootloader (UEFI or Legacy). My motherboard likes Chameleon Bootloader :) Or is there a bug in the settings? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back