MSI X99s Gaming 7 I7 5820K gtx 980 Hight Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi X99S gaming 7
CPU
Graphics
gtx 980
hello guys, is my hardwares compatible with hackintosh ? I need help i try it from two days ago i had constantly somme error or crash at the installation state... Im really done ...

hello guys, is my hardwares compatible with hackintosh ? I need help i try it from two days ago i had constantly some error or crash at the installation state... Im really done ...

You can install Yosemite / El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on X99 hardware. However, the Unibeast USB stick you made cannot boot on X99 hardware without some modifications.

If it is High Sierra you want, perhaps you should check this thread first :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/

You can install Yosemite / El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on X99 hardware. However, the Unibeast USB stick you made cannot boot on X99 hardware without some modifications.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/
I did.. but even if i follow The thread conscenciously i have some error like « does printf work » or reboot or just some freeze.. i dont know where i did some mistake that made me crazy .. Can you help me ??

Last edited:
done !! im happy

Is this still the case? I am seeing in some guides that you have to modify and patch bios of your motherboard and I'm afraid it might mess up something for use as this machine is my daily drivers windows machine as well. Do most people build an entirely new machine for hackintosh or some people dual boot ?

Is this still the case? I am seeing in some guides that you have to modify and patch bios of your motherboard and I'm afraid it might mess up something for use as this machine is my daily drivers windows machine as well. Do most people build an entirely new machine for hackintosh or some people dual boot ?

Personally I don't have to patch or modify the BIOS of my motherboard GA-X99-UD4. I am able to run El Capitan and Sierra on my X99 system (both OS were cloned from other working systems). But you will have to modify the Unibeast USB stick by adding and removing some files, or otherwise it won't be able to boot on a X99 system.

done !! im happy

hello @Boxy75 im trying to get High Sierra running with pretty much the same setup msi X99S gaming 7 5820k but with a 1080ti. is it possible for you or any 1 to post your efi folder please if you have it up and running that would be extremely helpful thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back