Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI z270 M5
CPU
Intel i5 7600
Graphics
GTX 1060 6gb
Good afternoon folks,

I was able to get a mostly successful hackintosh sierra build using and MSI x270 m5 board, 16 gb of corsair ram, GTX 1060 6gb graphics card. The problem I have is that after I have gone through the installation process the ethernet (killer e2500) has issues with dropping repeatedly and sporadically. Is there anyone else who has a similar build or board that uses the onboard e2500 nic card found a way to successfully install and run without performance issues?

Is there a kext file that would allow for proper installation of 2500?
MultiBeast 11.0.1 -> Drivers -> Network -> Atheros -> AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2

MultiBeast 11.0.1 -> Drivers -> Network -> Atheros -> AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2
That did actually work, but now clover is not able to boot into system. There is no warning going on. After seeding, the system reboots itself.
It is possible however to boot to the system when using my USB drive.

Does that mean that I messed something up during installation?

That did actually work, but now clover is not able to boot into system. There is no warning going on. After seeding, the system reboots itself.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).
It is possible however to boot to the system when using my USB drive.
Yes you can boot your system with an USB Installer.
Does that mean that I messed something up during installation?
Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back