Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> MSI RX 580 Armor stuck at 300Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm..

So the the RX 570 is the 8gb OC version (not sure if it would be helpful to even get into the OC settings?). I know the values are just below your range but I would like to think they should be a bit higher. I use @psedog build guide/config plist w/ out his RX Vega 64 congifs https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-vega64-gigabyte-z390-aorus-pro-wifi.267701/ but I could of easily missed/botched something along the way as well.

In all reality, the graphics card really just exist to drive three dell UH2415 monitors or drive a 4K TV, so it likely doesn't matter all that much but its always nice to know you optimized your settings.

View attachment 393393View attachment 393396

Hmm..

So the the RX 570 is the 8gb OC version (not sure if it would be helpful to even get into the OC settings?). I know the values are just below your range but I would like to think they should be a bit higher. I use @psedog build guide/config plist w/ out his RX Vega 64 congifs https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-vega64-gigabyte-z390-aorus-pro-wifi.267701/ but I could of easily missed/botched something along the way as well.

In all reality, the graphics card really just exist to drive three dell UH2415 monitors or drive a 4K TV, so it likely doesn't matter all that much but its always nice to know you optimized your settings.

Those scores are fine for a 570 card, I was referencing 580 scores. Did the fans kick on?

Ahhh, awesome! Yea they definitely kicked on haha! I just figured streaming on multiple monitors should of ramped up the GPU as opposed to the CPU but thinking about it now it makes a bit more sense that the CPU is having to interpret/extract the data and just pushed it to the GPU.

Any recommendations for a good CPU/GPU monitoring app? If not no worries.

Thanks again for the help though!

Ahhh, awesome! Yea they definitely kicked on haha! I just figured streaming on multiple monitors should of ramped up the GPU as opposed to the CPU but thinking about it now it makes a bit more sense that the CPU is having to interpret/extract the data and just pushed it to the GPU.

Any recommendations for a good CPU/GPU monitoring app? If not no worries.

Thanks again for the help though!

Slice has developed AMDRadeon HWMonitor sensors, follow his directions and use his FakeSMCkext. It’s at Insanelymac site.
Windows has Wattman macOS has AutoWattMan so it is controlling the card fans, and frequencies.

I've got this GPU too (MSI armor rx580 8gb) but my DisplayPorts give no signal. The two HDMI ports work fine and the DVI port had weird colors which could be fixed by forcing RGB.

Is DisplayPort working for you guys? Can I have a look at your graphics setup in Clover Configurator? Do you use WhateverGreen and Lilu?

I don't have a DisplayPort cable but I'm testing with a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

I've got this GPU too (MSI armor rx580 8gb) but my DisplayPorts give no signal. The two HDMI ports work fine and the DVI port had weird colors which could be fixed by forcing RGB.

Is DisplayPort working for you guys? Can I have a look at your graphics setup in Clover Configurator? Do you use WhateverGreen and Lilu?

I don't have a DisplayPort cable but I'm testing with a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.
So I have the 570 (for some reason RX 570 isn't a choice in in the Build Signature) which has 3 DisplayPorts and 1 HDMI, all of which work. I use both Whatever Green and Lilu. Can confirm a male to male DisplayPort to HDMI cable works.

So I have the 570 (for some reason RX 570 isn't a choice in in the Build Signature) which has 3 DisplayPorts and 1 HDMI, all of which work. I use both Whatever Green and Lilu. Can confirm a male to male DisplayPort to HDMI cable works.
Hey, I see that you have a MSI RX 580 Armor now, does it display video signal on all 4 ports (HDMI and DP)?

Hey, I see that you have a MSI RX 580 Armor now, does it display video signal on all 4 ports (HDMI and DP)?
I can't confirm if ALL four work at once, but I can confirm all the four ports work, and all of them are plug and play.

I run all 3 DP work at once on 3 Dell U2415 monitors (1920x1200 at 60Hz). I don't do anything that is graphics intensive though, so I can't speak to how well it would perform. I haven't noticed any lag with any of my applications though.

I can also confirm that 1 DP and 1 HDMI work simultaneously on 2 of said monitors. Never tried adding any more.

I would like to think all four would run at once though.

I can't confirm if ALL four work at once, but I can confirm all the four ports work, and all of them are plug and play.

I run all 3 DP work at once on 3 Dell U2415 monitors (1920x1200 at 60Hz). I don't do anything that is graphics intensive though, so I can't speak to how well it would perform. I haven't noticed any lag with any of my applications though.

I can also confirm that 1 DP and 1 HDMI work simultaneously on 2 of said monitors. Never tried adding any more.

I would like to think all four would run at once though.
Thank you very much! Would recomand me to buy Msi 580 Armor for macos, or Sapphire Pulse?

Thank you very much! Would recomand me to buy Msi 580 Armor for macos, or Sapphire Pulse?
I couldn't tell ya. I don't know much about graphics cards, and I don't run heavy graphics applications. If the specs are similar and it was me, I would base my purchase in terms of easiest plug/play functionality and then price. That said the Sapphire pulse has a much more finished appearance, so If you like showing of your hardware I suppose that's something to consider as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back