Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

See below:
View attachment 565065

It looks like that setting adjusts the voltage, so I think maybe it's some differences in our CPU manufacturing / power supply and, or other hardware.
Very interesting! I never touched that setting. I'll go back and check. Thanks for showing me/us that.

Very interesting! I never touched that setting. I'll go back and check. Thanks for showing me/us that.
I was able to get down to Mode 7 at stock frequencies w/ my i13900K. I had to bump it back up when I added a +1 overclock. The lower the mode, the cooler your cpu will run. It's basically an undervolt setting.

You're welcome and thank you for documenting your build so well and continuing the conversation. This thread gave me the confidence to upgrade!!

I was able to get down to Mode 7 at stock frequencies w/ my i13900K. I had to bump it back up when I added a +1 overclock. The lower the mode, the cooler your cpu will run. It's basically an undervolt setting.

Awesome... Yeah that makes sense why I was experiencing a stutter on mode 9 then, haha.. that 13900k is gotta be a beast! Enjoy

Awesome... Yeah that makes sense why I was experiencing a stutter on mode 9 then, haha.. that 13900k is gotta be a beast! Enjoy
Mode 10, no E Cores.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 12.56.36 PM.png

Hi friends and @NorthAmTransAm , I bought these parts late last year, to be exact I have the following at home now:

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 WiFi + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580 + 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX + 1000GB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe​

These are the parts i will use and i will install Montery. I will use this Hack only for music production. Ableton mainly 90%, i will use UAD plugins mainly, stock ableton, i alot of USB due to recording hardware. I dont have the Gigabybe Tritan Ridge - i might get it in the near future. (fyi i dont have a UAD audio interface yet but plan to get one in next 12 months or if i find someone cheap second hand even 1 dsp until i get a x16 to record all my hardware)

I havent built a Hacki in a few years. So my plan was to use the instructions in this thread as detailed by @NorthAmTransAm

But I guess it would be easier for me (as im an old fart now :) ) if someone could pass me the latest working EFI
Does someone have similar parts as above and can pass me their EFI please?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Taking a day off on next week to build this thing.

thank you!

Hi friends and @NorthAmTransAm , I bought these parts late last year, to be exact I have the following at home now:

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 WiFi + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580 + 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX + 1000GB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe​

These are the parts i will use and i will install Montery. I will use this Hack only for music production. Ableton mainly 90%, i will use UAD plugins mainly, stock ableton, i alot of USB due to recording hardware. I dont have the Gigabybe Tritan Ridge - i might get it in the near future. (fyi i dont have a UAD audio interface yet but plan to get one in next 12 months or if i find someone cheap second hand even 1 dsp until i get a x16 to record all my hardware)

I havent built a Hacki in a few years. So my plan was to use the instructions in this thread as detailed by @NorthAmTransAm

But I guess it would be easier for me (as im an old fart now :) ) if someone could pass me the latest working EFI
Does someone have similar parts as above and can pass me their EFI please?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Taking a day off on next week to build this thing.

thank you!
you may want to look into a WD drive instead:

@gundogg9999, welcome back. I'll have a newer EFI later in the week, until then there's something floating around somewhere in here.

Also @Feartech is totally right. I'd go WD for now. I have a 980 pro thats a nightmare.

@gundogg9999, I can sent you my EFI (with last OC and kexts), but I haven't WIFI on my mobo.

Back