Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Everything we have done hasn't fix the end result. After selecting OS in picker, verbose seems to run its course, and when you expect to see the Apple logo - the system appears to reboot and return to picker.

You want me to create a new post? Everything we've done is in this thread. Where and how do I do that? Sorry, I spend very little time in the forums. I've rarely needed any help. Could you please guide me in this process?

Everything we have done hasn't fix the end result. After selecting OS in picker, verbose seems to run its course, and when you expect to see the Apple logo - the system appears to reboot and return to picker.

You want me to create a new post? Everything we've done is in this thread. Where and how do I do that? Sorry, I spend very little time in the forums. I've rarely needed any help. Could you please guide me in this process?
What Im saying is there are lots of people here with experience. Lets consolidate all of this into one single post so they can help you. I'm all out of ideas and ready to call in the big guns.

Excellent! There's a lot of posts. It try to put all the posts into a consolidated one. I've never tried to grab multiple posts before. Will it grab the attached as well?

After I changed CPU, I decided to switch ports (DP) on my video card to see if would make a difference...it didn't.

Excellent! There's a lot of posts. It try to put all the posts into a consolidated one. I've never tried to grab multiple posts before. Will it grab the attached as well?

After I changed CPU, I decided to switch ports (DP) on my video card to see if would make a difference...it didn't.
Don't even worry about adding in the old post, just use bullet points. Also bummer, I'd love to know why this isn't working?

Do I use bullet points in a document (never did this before)? Do you want all the different EFI folders we've tried as well?

Last edited:
Talk to me about changing processor type? Can you break yours by changing to whats in my EFI?
There is ProcessorType key in config, 0 by defauit. My value is 3841, NATA's config the same.
Looks like you can use this value or set it to 0.

Thanks for taking the time to help, unfortunately it didn't work for me. I didn't see that BIOS on MSI website. Are you using the motherboard with WIFI? Is it a custom BIOS? Say, would you happen to know what a problem reporting file is?
1. This is stock BIOS, https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7D25v18.zip.
2. My mobo is without WiFi.
3. Try to flash this BIOS, then obligatory set in BIOS:
- Settings -> Advanced -> PCIe Settings -> Above 4G memory to Enabled;
Max TOLUD to Disabled;
Re-Size BAR Support to Disabled;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Peripherals - VGA Detection to Auto;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Graphic Configuration -> Initiate Graphic Adapter to PEG;
IGD Multi-Monitor to Disabled;
- Security -> Secure Boot to Disabled;
- OC Settings -> CPU Features -> CFG Lock to Disabled.

In this configuration you can load OpenCore 0.8.8 from my EFI.

Ooops. Sorry, BIOS shows the BIOS version is E7D25IMS (10/14/2022), from MSI site.
This one: https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7D25v19.zip

Last edited:
Do I use bullet points in a document (never did this before)? Do you want all the different EFI folders we've tried as well?
Just the 088. If we cant get traction we can move your post to Ventura Support per @danofun's advice. Don't take anything personal, this is frustrating. It should work out the box. Maybe we can learn something.

1. This is stock BIOS, https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7D25v18.zip.
2. My mobo is without WiFi.
3. Try to flash this BIOS, then obligatory set in BIOS:
- Settings -> Advanced -> PCIe Settings -> Above 4G memory to Enabled;
Max TOLUD to Disabled;
Re-Size BAR Support to Disabled;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Peripherals - VGA Detection to Auto;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Graphic Configuration -> Initiate Graphic Adapter to PEG;
IGD Multi-Monitor to Disabled;
- Security -> Secure Boot to Disabled;
- OC Settings -> CPU Features -> CFG Lock to Disabled.

In this configuration you can load OpenCore 0.8.8 from my EFI.

Ooops. Sorry, BIOS shows the BIOS version is E7D25IMS (10/14/2022), from MSI site.
This one: https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7D25v19.zip
This makes me think. Is Resizable Bar enabled in bios @ZoZat? I remember getting locked out in the early days experimenting with that.

Back