Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Same result as all the other failures. Is that better?

Is there anything specific in the EFI folder that has anything to do with iGPU that could be impacting my system? Remember I have KF CPU.

Is there anything specific in the EFI folder that has anything to do with iGPU that could be impacting my system? Remember I have KF CPU.
Take a look, the only address to the iGPU is the boot argument for disabling it which we've tried removing. You could always fully disable it in bios as a test but i'm doubtful.

The BIOS we use detects where or not there is an iGPU, therefore no settings are present to enable/disable. Any other thoughts?

The BIOS we use detects where or not there is an iGPU, therefore no settings are present to enable/disable. Any other thoughts?
The last thought I can think of is actually to update your BIOS in case there were microcode enhancements for CPU's. Try the newest one and report back.

I tried the latest BIOS and one other, and this is what happened in both cases...
After BIOS update, made changes to BIOS as per this thread - save and reboot. Used F11 to get to USB. I launched 13.1 from picker and was able to login and everything worked. I did a reboot, and this time I'm unable to get login, again because of looping. Strange - no idea why this is happening.

I tried the latest BIOS and one other, and this is what happened in both cases...
After bios update, made changes to bios as per this thread - save and reboot. Used F11 to get to USB. I launched 13.1 from picker and was able to login and everything worked. I did a reboot, and this time I'm unable to get login, again because of looping. Strange - no idea why this is happening.

This is pretty mind boggling. Have we tried using a completely different drive? Pulling some RAM? This feels like something is off big time.

I've changed RAM and drives. I'm currently doing an additional install on an external drive. I've been doing this for many years on both Intel and AMD, and haven't seen anything like this. Any other ideas you can through at me?

've changed RAM and drives. I'm currently doing an additional install on an external drive. I've been doing this for many years on both Intel and AMD, and haven't seen anything like this. Any other ideas you can through at me?

Honestly, this is the strangest one to me yet.

We can confirm that you can boot into other OS's just fine so that should settle the hardware.

How about this. In your config go to ACPI > Delete and disable the patch for Drop Original DMAR Table.

Then go to Kernel and check the box for DisableIOMapper.

Report back.

Nope same result. Could there be something in the DSDT.aml that could help with this problem?

Back