Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks. I just found the post in this thread after a google search.
No problem, let me know how it goes.

Actually, are you flashing it? In my opinion a hackintosh hasn't met its goal until you've got full on Thunderbolt.

No problem, let me know how it goes.

Actually, are you flashing it? In my opinion a hackintosh hasn't met its goal until you've got full on Thunderbolt.
Yes, it is flashed. I have been using it for a couple years in my Z390 build. I will transfer it over to this new build

Have you disable the CNVI option in BIOS?
Which brand card are you using?
On the Gigabyte Z390M board the CNVI slot is locked to the Intel card. I wonder if that is the case here? Do you see an enable option when the Intel card is installed?

Yeah it's locked to Intel CNVI cards. Thanks Intel and MSI. They love their proprietary trash. :) Just ordered this.

Attachments

• 51I-W5LTBML._AC_SL1200_.jpg
    51I-W5LTBML._AC_SL1200_.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 21
Whats up MSI Z690 people. I'm thinking about updating a few components this year as they're getting a little older. To be fair, its a monster and I use it hard. I've never hit the ceiling.

RAM is currently DDR4 2600. 32 is plenty of gigs but perhaps something more modern?

NVME is from 2019 and is pulled from a Samsung X5 External Drive.

GPU is an RX580. I don't do much with graphics so this feels like a no.

Thoughts?

@nottooshabby shot in the dark but have you tried Hibernationfixup?

I haven't tried it. I'll give it a try. Getting the MSI Force Wed. Hopefully that will work better than my Z790 Aero G.

What was the trick with the MSI board to get sleep working? I saw earlier in this tread you had sleep problems, too.

haven't tried it. I'll give it a try. Getting the MSI Force Wed. Hopefully that will work better than my Z790 Aero G.

What was the trick with the MSI board to get sleep working? I saw earlier in this tread you had sleep problems, too.

Hard to say really. It worked fine on a certain dot release, then on another it didn't. I've learned to let it go because I don't use sleep but admittedly it can be hard to get out of mind.

Not much of a trick, I just followed this.

Is the MSI giving you other trouble or just the sleep issue?

Hard to say really. It worked fine on a certain dot release, then on another it didn't. I've learned to let it go because I don't use sleep but admittedly it can be hard to get out of mind.

I dont have the MSI board yet. It will come Wed. Just getting my ducks in a row to get it up. My Aero G is the one having sleep problems. I'm going to return it as it seems bios related.

from what I've seen even if we managed to make it work we lose almost 25% of performance when returning from standby. following the complete restart we find the initial performance... I don't have the latest version of opencore but I doubt that it will change anything!

Back