Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Sleep is a bit of an issue at the moment! I plan to spend some more time on it next week myself. All I remember at the moment is that if you disable fTPM2.0 then you might be able to get repeated sleeps using the power button. Otherwise, we only get one sleep and the second sleep cycle fails and might require a power pull to restart.
I can suspend repeatedly with no problem with this setup on Monterey.

bios:
Fastboot: off
taken over by: OS
ErP Ready: off
Secure Boot: off

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2022-12-03 à 19.19.46.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-12-03 à 19.19.46.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 24
I can suspend repeatedly with no problem with this setup on Monterey.

bios:
Fastboot: off
taken over by: OS
ErP Ready: off
Secure Boot: off
Sweet, i'll give that shot this week. Wake from USB as well?

Sweet, i'll give that shot this week. Wake from USB as well?
Not only with the button because, if I leave the option resumed by BIOS, it works with USB resume but seems less stable...
With the button and this config, it always wakes up flawlessly.

I just tested more in depth, and, by activating the option resumed by BIOS, it works well. On the other hand, the only problem that I had it is the integrated Ethernet which makes its head. I pass from Thunderbolt towards Ethernet adapter, and that works without problem now?

So yeh AppleVTD is not in IOReg, and
I just connected my M1 Max in target disk mode via Thunderbolt and nothing. I guess its not working then :/

What's next then? I know you know the script. What the next plan of attack for me?

Thank you vewry very much for replying !

I love learning new things :):):)

Sort of! We can get more features with AppleVTD but not all of them.

This used to be a four part deal, it might still be, but I'd like to try just steps one and two as I'm suspicious about something.

1. In BIOS you need to find the setting for VT-D and enable it. I'm uncertain where at the moment.

2. In your config please make sure that DisableIOMapper is left unchecked. Its in Kernel. Reboot, clear NVRAM, and see if its in IOReg.

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 8.34.10 AM.png

Hi @NorthAmTransAm recently my hackintosh changed monitor. It monitor support HDMI only. so changed DP port to HDMI only monitor. now no longer to boot. it so wired. any idea about it?

Weird thing, the resuming of standby is done either with the button if managed by the OS in BIOS, and works with the keyboard if managed by BIOS. But regardless of the way of doing it, I lost about 4000 points in Cinebench. If I reboot, everyone returns to normal. However, every return from standby has lost power as if a config processor would not be loader. Anyone have an idea or made the same observation?

Here, no more problems with integrated Ethernet since I use @NorthAmTransAm's OpenCore 0.8.6 EFI.
Thanks again !!!!
Yes, I want to update soon. However, I'm afraid of breaking something. Can I just change some file without updating all, and keep my config files as is?

Back