Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

This works extremely well out of the box for my MSI Z690-A DDR5 (without WiFi as I'm using Fenvi T919) + exact same CPU + Radeon RX 5600XT.

I have tried building OpenCore from scratch with the initial guide on page 1 but it kept getting stuck after choosing my boot drive. I have been trying for the past 3 days without any luck.

Great work on the EFI sir!
Love to hear that! Yeah it was a whole mess getting that first EFI together. I've left mine on for 1.5 months and its continued to run beautifully.

Love to hear that! Yeah it was a whole mess getting that first EFI together. I've left mine on for 1.5 months and its continued to run beautifully.
It was very surprising as I had no luck with a few other pre-built EFIs including my own build. The cool thing was my SSD already had a previous installation of Monterey hack from a completely different hardware (cpu, mobo, etc.) and it booted up perfectly without needing to clean install or reinstall. All I did was added agdpmod=pikera for my GPU and a new serial number.

The only slight issue I came across was sleep mode. It doesn't wake but reboots instead. Its not a big deal breaker for me but if there's a solution out there it would be perfect.

It was very surprising as I had no luck with a few other pre-built EFIs including my own build. The cool thing was my SSD already had a previous installation of Monterey hack from a completely different hardware (cpu, mobo, etc.) and it booted up perfectly without needing to clean install or reinstall. All I did was added agdpmod=pikera for my GPU and a new serial number.

The only slight issue I came across was sleep mode. It doesn't wake but reboots instead. Its not a big deal breaker for me but if there's a solution out there it would be perfect.
Sleep was a hard one for this board. Last I recall I had to disable fTPM2.0 and enable wake from USB in BIOS. I'd get a a good wake on the first sleep then second sleep would sometimes restart. Its the one sketchy part. Let me know what you find.

Sleep was a hard one for this board. Last I recall I had to disable fTPM2.0 and enable wake from USB in BIOS. I'd get a a good wake on the first sleep then second sleep would sometimes restart. Its the one sketchy part. Let me know what you find.
Hello NorthAmTransAm, a few posts ago I thanked Danofun for his contribution to the editing of the USB port mapping but I took for granted the thanks to you who are the pioneer and the inspiring person of this thread on the MB MSI Z690. I have made full use of your suggestions and experiences to get my Z690 system up and running and it seems to me that I have achieved good results.

As I said in my post #417, "On my Z690 system I have installed both the WiFi and the BT integrated in the mobo, both the Fenvi T919 card and an Archer T3U plus USB key installed with the Chriss1111 procedure. I decide in the system preferences which one to use. Normally, I use USB T3U plus that receives a stronger signal from the router, which is approx. 30 meters from where I have my work station, and travels at 170 Mbps. With the LAN cable and Intel I-225, also fully functional, I travel at 950 Mbps with the fthesima fiber. " Sleep also works, but awakening must be done with the power key flashing and not with a mouse or keyboard.

I put my EFI back if it can be useful to someone or if someone fixes me something, updated to version 0.86 and Ventura updated to public beta 13.1 (22C5033e).

The system is dual booted with Win 11 22H2 with TPM enabled and everything works smoothly.
I only deleted my personal data.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    62.7 MB · Views: 61
I have tested with just wake from USB and it doesn't work. It just reboots randomly even without waking it. I shall try disabling TPM2.0 next though I need it for my Win11 installation. I will update you if I find anything. I will tinker with the EFI and BIOS for abit.

Upgraded to Ventura with OC 0.8.4, disabled Ethernet device property with a #. Works fine.

Hello.
2All: please do you have the WakeOnLAN button in settings -> Energy Saving?
I have this one on my Macbook; I haven't this on hack.

After updating my OC to 0.8.6 on my Z690 with i7-12700 I upgraded to Ventura, everything went fine.
Only issue I cannot find an answer to is sleep. It doesn't sleep, it just shuts off. I checked the sleep log and it looks like audio is causing it to not shut down (log attached).

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Attachments

• sleeplog.txt
    63.9 KB · Views: 22
After updating my OC to 0.8.6 on my Z690 with i7-12700 I upgraded to Ventura, everything went fine. Only issue I cannot find an answer to is sleep. It doesn't sleep, it just shuts off. I checked the sleep log and it looks like audio is causing it to not shut down (log attached). Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

This is a tough one for this board. I'll be home from tour in about a week or so and can work on it. The last time I had it "working" it would sleep and wake once, but the second time would be a reboot followed by a laggy OpenCore GUI.

Disabling fTPM2.0 helped along with enabling wake from USB in BIOS. There's also some kext solutions I believe.

Report your findings!

This is a tough one for this board. I'll be home from tour in about a week or so and can work on it. The last time I had it "working" it would sleep and wake once, but the second time would be a reboot followed by a laggy OpenCore GUI.

Disabling fTPM2.0 helped along with enabling wake from USB in BIOS. There's also some kext solutions I believe.

Report your findings!
Thank you. I will let you know what I discover.

Back