Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Guys this is my first hackintosh attempt!

I trying to install Big Sur since that's the latest OS supporting the GT710 GPU

Luckily I found this post with a very similar build, so I took off with the EFI of @NorthAmTransAm, made the changes suggested by @danny2305 for enabling onboard wifi and BT support, but I'm stuck at booting the installer.

My error is the same as posted here:

I have the Samsung 980 pro NVMe SSD

What am I missing?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hey friends and followers of this build. Sorry for the disappearance here, I left for a two month tour (music stuff) and caught covid the day I got home. I'm moving to a new house in a week as well but will hopefully be back to participating in all this fun stuff September!

What did I miss???

Hey friends and followers of this build. Sorry for the disappearance here, I left for a two month tour (music stuff) and caught covid the day I got home. I'm moving to a new house in a week as well but will hopefully be back to participating in all this fun stuff September!

What did I miss???
Good to see you're back! Could you perhaps take a look at my first hackintosh attempt?. I started off with your EFI and made a post of my fail here:

@NorthAmTransAm, hello. Would you help me?
Sometimes ago I got on my MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 very strange bug: when I'm trying to load recovery or installation from flash, I can see gray screen with mouse cursor only. Maybe BIOS update or OC update led to this result.
The macOS is loading on this configuration wonderful, but I can't install 'clear' system.
I tried a lot of different EFIs (including your from this theme) - the same.
Something wrong in BIOS settings, I guess.
Would you show me screenshots from your BIOS settings?
TNX

@NorthAmTransAm, hello. Would you help me?
Sometimes ago I got on my MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 very strange bug: when I'm trying to load recovery or installation from flash, I can see gray screen with mouse cursor only. Maybe BIOS update or OC update led to this result.
The macOS is loading on this configuration wonderful, but I can't install 'clear' system.
I tried a lot of different EFIs (including your from this theme) - the same.
Something wrong in BIOS settings, I guess.
Would you show me screenshots from your BIOS settings?
TNX
I can't quite get to the BIOS at the moment but besides the basics in Post#1 there's hardly anything to do except turn off Thunderbolt (unless using it). I will say, I don't love the BIOS on this board. Every other restart and you get a slow boot into OC and no keyboard control and updating BIOS was quirky at best. I suggest doing a full shut down and unplug before heading into recovery.

I can't quite get to the BIOS at the moment but besides the basics in Post#1 there's hardly anything to do except turn off Thunderbolt (unless using it). I will say, I don't love the BIOS on this board. Every other restart and you get a slow boot into OC and no keyboard control and updating BIOS was quirky at best. I suggest doing a full shut down and unplug before heading into recovery.
Sure, You're right, BIOS on this board written under heavy d-s.
Thunderbolt is turned off. I'll try to unplug before recovery, thanks.

@NorthAmTransAm, unfortunately, unplugging doesn't help to me. What BIOS release are you using?

OMG! I feel like an idiot.
Clearing NVRAM just before loading Recovery or Installation solved my trouble.

OMG! I feel like an idiot.
Clearing NVRAM just before loading Recovery or Installation solved my trouble.
I can't believe I didn't suggest that. Glad you're up and running!

@NorthAmTransAm, many thanks for your hard job !
The motherboard of my hackintosh crashed last week after 8 years of good service. I already own an RX580, so I bought the same motherboard as yours, and a i5-12400 cpu.
I've updated the BIOS to the same version as yours, used your EFI folder (OC 0.8.0), disabled the Airportbrcmfixup kext, generated a serial number and voila ! Mac OS Monterey is working flawlessly.
My wifi card is OK, and my Bluetooth dongle, too.
Just a little problem with the I255-V Ethernet. Link is OK, but macOS doesn't receive address form the DHCP. However, it's working under Windows 10, so it's not a hardware problem.
I read in this forum that the problem can be solved with forcing duplex and speed. I confirm this trick is working !
I saved a lot of time with your work ! Thanks again.

Back