Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Hi! Anyone use HDMI for display? Current plan is to upgrade my monitor. However, due to my budget, I may only have HDMI on my new monitor. Pls advice.

I've got the DDR5 variant of your board, and I get audio drop outs:

"issue_type" = overload;

lateness = 7;

"other_page_faults" = 10

On USB 2 in a specific being; Carbon Copy Cloning my applications folder into a network attacked storage, always the same coule of apps, but I thought apps cant or shouldn't be able to crash coreaudiod like this? it seems the app would crash first!

Any insights would be great. Music production PC here, and, under load, it drop out sound for a noticable amount of time!

I have USB ports mapped!

Lovely work, BTW!

Interesting, what interface are you using?

Hi! Anyone use HDMI for display? Current plan is to upgrade my monitor. However, due to my budget, I may only have HDMI on my new monitor. Pls advice.
I use HDMI from the RX580 right now. Working swell.

I had a few issues with hdmi and sleep/wake, go im on display port now it seems alright on HDMI if you disable sleep mate
Yes, current using dport, but plan for new monitor only 2 HDMI slot, but @NorthAmTransAm said no problem... will go for it

Thanks @NorthAmTransAm

Oh, and it was Focusrite 2i2

But IO got a Arturia Minifuse2 and that was happening with that, too. It was a bug. Its gone now!
Sweet! Yeah I had to work out a UAD bug myself. Its easy to feel like a hackintosh problem but its usually not.

I've just updated from Monterey 12.2 to 12.4. Afterwards, I'm having intermittent problems with screen recording. Sometimes when I clicked the Stop recording, I got an error message saying "Your screen recording can't be saved". Does anyone else encounter this problem?

I got the same build (motherboard is the DDR5 Wi-Fi version) up and running Monterey 12.4 following the instructions on this thread.

The installation was pretty straightforward, with 0 issues.

The Ethernet card wasn't working (the lights turn on when the cable is plugged in but it acts like it is 'frozen' or nonexistent), can still use Wi-Fi though if the cable is unplugged or if the 'network service' priority order is changed.

Had no System Hang-ups nor Reboots till now.

Doing a bit of research I saw some people with different setups removing the entries from DeviceProperties (on the 'config.plist') related to the network card and using this dk.e1000=0 boot argument.

At Dortania's Official Install Guide there's a section with some kind of special notes about Monterey, link here.

This boot-arg had changed, so use e1000=0 if booting Monterey instead of dk.e1000=0 boot argument.

I tested it myself, and it works, but I had to change some advanced options of the adapter in the macOS Network Settings.
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 22.03.19.png

Last edited:
WX20220701-130052@2x.pngWX20220701-130636@2x.png

Hi, my 27" 4K monitor is recognized as 61", what could be the reason for this?

Hi Guys, I have tried following this guide to a T and everything seems to load fine until the computer reboots into the boot-loader screen instead the the apple login screen. I am going to do some troubleshooting tonight but was wondering if anyone has seen this issue come up before? Thanks in advanced.

Did the build, works like a charm!
Currently running 12.4
Had to do the USB fix before plugging in the front usb in the board to get to the installer (lost some time there, but easy fix).
Also the manual ethernet fix by @tkemp worked for me.
but I had to change some advanced options of the adapter in the macOS Network Settings.
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 22.03.19.png

Even sleep works, but have to press the power-button on the case to wake up.
Thanks @NorthAmTransAm for this Golden Build!

Back