Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

I have an apollo twin like you. how do you hook it up? I use a Thunderbolt 2 green usb-C adapter and use the usb-C port behind the MSI but it is not detected... do I like to set ec what do I need to add a kext?

or I just need to add this line?
Capture d’écran, le 2022-04-19 à 18.20.11.png

Last edited:
I have an apollo twin like you. how do you hook it up? I use a Thunderbolt 2 green usb-C adapter and use the usb-C port behind the MSI but it is not detected... do I like to set ec what do I need to add a kext?

or I just need to add this line?View attachment 546264
Oops, I forgot to remove that device property. Thats actually a PCIe card for DSP.

I use an X16 and an Apollo Twin. Do you have a Thunderbolt card? It is required. I can walk you through that if you'd like.

Oops, I forgot to remove that device property. Thats actually a PCIe card for DSP.

I use an X16 and an Apollo Twin. Do you have a Thunderbolt card? It is required. I can walk you through that if you'd like.
Yes, I would like to please because I thought I could plug it into the rear USB-c port... I have read that you could use a Gigabyte Titan flasher. However, the PCI-expres port is very close to the graphics card. There another way to get the GPU to breathe a little?

Edit: I just read that I could plug a PCI-e 1x into a PCI-e x16 port, this could leave the GPU breathing...

Last edited:
Yes, I would like to please because I thought I could plug it into the rear USB-c port... I have read that you could use a Gigabyte Titan flasher. However, the PCI-expres port is very close to the graphics card. There another way to get the GPU to breathe a little?

Edit: I just read that I could plug a PCI-e 1x into a PCI-e x16 port, this could leave the GPU breathing...
It goes in slot just below that one actually! I have my airport card in the spot below the GPU. Such a tight fit.

It goes in slot just below that one actually! I have my airport card in the spot below the GPU. Such a tight fit.
ok but from what I just read you can plug into a large pci-e x16 slot lower on the other hand it may go to 8x instead of 16x for the gpu depending on the motherboard but it's all..

I got confused I thought that msi integrated a thunderbolt port but it seems that it only integrates the pin for thunderbolt adapter.
Capture d’écran, le 2022-04-19 à 19.09.17.png

What is the best way to proceed?

ok but from what I just read you can plug into a large pci-e x16 slot lower on the other hand it may go to 8x instead of 16x for the gpu depending on the motherboard but it's all..

I got confused I thought that msi integrated a thunderbolt port but it seems that it only integrates the pin for thunderbolt adapter.
View attachment 546265
What is the best way to proceed?
Check out the orientation of my cards in the photo on post 1. GPU, Fenvi, GC-Titan, UAD.

Correct, the board comes with a header but no onboard Thunderbolt. What I recommend and can help you with is to buy a GC-Titan 2.0 card and flash it using NV33. From there we will avoid using the header and will jumper Pins 3 and 5 of the GC-Titans header.

Here's the guide to use for flashing.

And here is the repository of patched firmware. I used NV33 (typically for onboard gigabyte Titan Ridge) for my GC-Titan 2.0 card.

Attachments

• 1650409887080.png
    1650409887080.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Check out the orientation of my cards in the photo on post 1. GPU, Fenvi, GC-Titan, UAD.

Correct, the board comes with a header but no onboard Thunderbolt. What I recommend and can help you with is to buy a GC-Titan 2.0 card and flash it using NV33. From there we will avoid using the header and will jumper Pins 3 and 5 of the GC-Titans header.

Here's the guide to use for flashing.

And here is the repository of patched firmware. I used NV33 (typically for onboard gigabyte Titan Ridge) for my GC-Titan 2.0 card.
#515 of CaseySJ it seems to manage to make a Titan work without flashing it with SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05 mias I'm not sure if it works on \Monterey... I'll order the card thank you!

Interesting little thing but I don't know why? when I disable discrete Thunderbolt, because I don't use it, the system reboots in a loop. By checking the other parameters that change by deactivating it, I realized that if I activate above 4g memory Crypto, the system started to boot normally again without activating the Thunderbolt... Weird!

I mention this because if someone tries to start without the Thunderbolt activated it will be necessary to reactivate the above 4G memory otherwise the system does not start. Unless it's only with my config?...

Moreover before testing this I had deactivated the DTBT Controler 0 and this removed the 3 second delay during boot without having added your bypass command...
Does if I disabled the Thunderbolt it means that I can remove the SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.alm?

Interesting little thing but I don't know why? when I disable discrete thunderbolt, because I don't use it, the system reboots in a loop. by checking the other parameters that change by deactivating it, I realized that if I activate above 4g memory Crypto, the system started to boot normally again without activating the thunderbolt... Weird!

I mention this because if someone tries to start without the thunderbolt activated it will be necessary to reactivate the above 4g memory otherwise the system does not start. unless it's only with my config?...

moreover before testing this I had deactivated the DTBT Controler 0 and this removed the 3 second delay during boot without having added your bypass command...
Does if I disabled the thunderbolt it means that I can remove the SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.alm?
What is your BIOS version?

Back