Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Hello there, have i a chance to use my WLAN and BT? "Airdrop" or i need to bu a pcie card? Thank u!

Hi all,

I'm trying to boot a MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 but regardless of the EFI I always get a grey screen with a working mouse pointer trying to boot Big Sur installer.
I had the same thing a month ago trying a B660 motherboard...

Both cases, different EFIS, same result: grey screen after the installer boots and moves beyond the verbose section.
Basically I am at the installer but the language selection doesn't load.

Can anyone help?
Is it a Bios issue?
Thanks a lot...
I have moved your posts to this thread

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpeg
    IMG_0287.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 53
Hi @NorthAmTransAm

Thanks for your reply.
I tried your 0.8.0 EFI. In this case the boot got stuck at, see the image attached.
So no grey screen.

I have no Thunderbolt in this build, so I disabled the SSDT.
Thanks for your help.

Hey ho, you need to use your own SSDTs

Hi @NorthAmTransAm

Thanks for your reply.
I tried your 0.8.0 EFI. In this case the boot got stuck at, see the image attached.
So no grey screen.

I have no Thunderbolt in this build, so I disabled the SSDT.
Thanks for your help.

Fully disable Thunderbolt in BIOS as well. Have you added your own serial number to it? Are you using the 3.0 (blue port) for your installer? Also disable the GPE.TINI patch.

Also lets go ahead an update the info in your bio to z690, 12700k, etc... Want to make sure everyone can help.

Hello there, have i a chance to use my WLAN and BT? "Airdrop" or i need to bu a pcie card? Thank u!

And how i can try to get VLAN function? i cant create VLANS on my Network Settings

And how i can try to get VLAN function? i cant create VLANS on my Network Settings
For Airdrop and Handoff I suggest purchasing the Fenvi T919. It works natively with macOS and provides wifi and bluetooth.

I'm unfamiliar with VLANs let alone on macOS. Start here if you haven't already.

For Airdrop and Handoff I suggest purchasing the Fenvi T919. It works natively with macOS and provides wifi and bluetooth.

I'm unfamiliar with VLANs let alone on macOS. Start here if you haven't already.

i know how to setup VLANS, but if i Press + he dont shoe me to click VLAN. isnt show this

Hello, for an MSI PRO z690-A WIFI I used the latest EFI from NorthAmTransAm with o.c. 8.0 but I had to modify its SSDT-PLUG-ALT-12700K for another SSDT-PLUG-ALT in ACPI because with the 12700k and 12900k there are changes at the CPU level… I also changed the kext CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider by an older version of an EFI from NorthAmTransAm because the last change made was not working with my CPU… I added AirportItlwm for WIFI support.
Make sure you apply all the bios settings as mentioned in post 1 of NorthAmTransAm and copy this EFI entirely without making any changes. I have already replaced the serials for you… This should work on the first try! Good luck! I forgot if you have installation problems try on another USB port!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Back