Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

***OpenCore 0.8.0 EFI***

A few notes about some custom SSDT's and Patches
  • I've edited SSDT-PLUG-ALT to have only the CPU threads I'm using. I renamed it SSDT-PLUG-ALT-12700K.
  • I've added a patch labeled (commented) Null \_GPE.DTIN. It prevents a 3 second boot hang that exist when Thunderbolt is enabled in Bios.
  • I've included my own USBMap.kext that covers most internal connectors and the back panel I/O. The internal USB 2.0 connection is set to 255 for Bluetooth or USB 2.0 from a Thunderbolt card. No need for any mapping on this build, just follow my guide.
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext is optional.
Note: If you are using the Wifi variant of this board and would like to use your Intel Wifi then you need to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext and add the OpenIntelWireless drivers. OpenCore will not boot with CNVW (onboard Intel Wifi) enabled in BIOS unless you have the driver installed.

Please refer to this chart for graphics cards as you might need to add the boot argument agdpmod=pikera

Also, please set Intel Speed Step Technology to Enabled in BIOS. Setting to Auto isn't enough.

Lastly, you'll need to add your own Platform Info.
wow, just released so fast updated.. thanks

Okay im fine, so its noch crashed anymore :D ! But im woundering, he shows me a i5 12600k but i have a i7 12700k?

You can edit this in your config. Since Apple doesn't use any Alder Lake Cpus we have to type it in manually. Not sure why its missing from the EFI, oops.

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 8.38.16 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm trying to boot a MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 but regardless of the EFI I always get a grey screen with a working mouse pointer trying to boot Big Sur installer.
I had the same thing a month ago trying a B660 motherboard...

Both cases, different EFIS, same result: grey screen after the installer boots and moves beyond the verbose section.
Basically I am at the installer but the language selection doesn't load.

Can anyone help?
Is it a Bios issue?
Thanks a lot...

I'm trying to boot a MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 but regardless of the EFI I always get a grey screen with a working mouse pointer trying to boot Big Sur installer.
There's a specific thread for this board:

Both cases, different EFIS, same result: grey screen after the installer boots and moves beyond the verbose section.
Make sure that 'prev-lang:kdb' is defined as <data>, or at least as a non-empty string.

Hi all,

Can anyone help?
Is it a Bios issue?
Thanks a lot...
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

There's a specific thread for this board:

Make sure that 'prev-lang:kdb' is defined as <data>, or at least as a non-empty string.
Thanks for the reply.

- The EFI from the MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 thread doesn't even see the installer on the USB drive

- Modifying prev-lang:kdb both with empty data or with non-empty string doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for the reply.

- The EFI from the MSI Z690-A PRO WiFi DDR4 thread doesn't even see the installer on the USB drive

- Modifying prev-lang:kdb both with empty data or with non-empty string doesn't make a difference.
Change scan policy to 0 or press spacebar at picker menu. Make sure you're using the 0.8.0 EFI that I just added as well.

What in God's sake, or in Sake of the Japanese, should I be doing now to switch to the motherboard thread without being killed, outlawed, pointed out, or sent through Putin's assassination?
Don't sweat it--just keeping the site clean and organized and avoiding redundancies. No one is upset with you.

Back