Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

No issues with last BIOS 7D25v1B. Maybe at your BIOS some settings are set by default, i guess.
I wrote the checklist for BIOS update for my mobo:
Settings -> Advanced -> PCIe Settings -> Above 4G memory to Enabled;
Max TOLUD to Disabled;
Re-Size BAR Support to Disabled;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Peripherals - VGA Detection to Auto;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Graphic Configuration -> Initiate Graphic Adapter to PEG;
IGD Multi-Monitor to Disabled;
- Security -> Secure Boot to Disabled;
- OC Settings -> CPU Features -> CFG Lock to Disabled.
I'll give it another go this morning and see if I missed something. The hard part is if you get It wrong then you cant get Into the bios without doing a full reset (bridging the pins).

It's probably a graphical thing but the latest BIOS that works for me is 7D25v11. I get all white screen with boxes outlined on all newer versions. Let me know if anyone has similar issues.
I had similar issues when going into the Thunderbolt settings. I have avoided that area for now. I have an MSI Force Z690.

I had similar issues when going into the Thunderbolt settings. I have avoided that area for now. I have an MSI Force Z690.
When I first got this board, it took me a long while to figure out that I need to change the port count from two ports to one port in that menu. Oof, long day.

Does anybody have the WIFI variant of this board running Ventura? I have everything working except WiFi/BT. I am loading AirportItlwm.kext, IntelBTPatcher.kext, and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext in that order. (source: https://openintelwireless.github.io...ke-bluetooth-work-on-macos-monterey-and-newer)

Edit: WIFI appears to be working on Ventura using itlwm 2.2.0. BT still not working.

Edit 2: After being unable to get Bluetooth to work in Windows, I recognized the problem was that I didn't attach the included antenna to my motherboard. BT is actually working in MacOS. As far as I can tell, everything is working in MacOS including sleep, resizable bar, thread scheduling, etc etc.

P.S: To get Ethernet working in Ventura, you must load AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext.

Thanks for this info! Do you have also the RX580?
I have the wifi version MB and 12700k

Would you mind sharing your EFI with me too please ? :)

Thanks mate

Thanks for this info! Do you have also the RX580?
I have the wifi version MB and 12700k

Would you mind sharing your EFI with me too please ? :)

Thanks mate
This whole build is based around the RX 580.

Yes, for Ethernet you need nothing at all to load the correct driver.

Updated EFI coming soon.

Gonna keep this brief because I've got a ton of work ahead of me. New EFI, fixing the WiFi/Ethernet. Props to @CaseySJ for the new quirk.

Please note I am running an RX 580 for graphics. You may need to remove those device properties and add the correct boot argument for others.

Add your platform info! Bye!

@danofun hook us up with a version of this for Intel WiFi?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 83
Finally upgrading GPU's after 5+ years. I'm a 6600xt user now. Up next, a rack mount case!

I am still experiencing trouble with BT on this board, and resorted to using a cheap usb BT dongle. I believe it can be fixed though.
I've a trouble with USB BT dongle in Ventura 13.4. In 13.3 and first 2-3 beta's 13.4 it works OK. Now I can't turn it on (with kexts from BrcmPatchRAM).

Hello
I really liked this build
I am also a composer and sound designer and after 5 years I want to change my hackintash and buy these parts.
Are you good with this hardware?
And can you please give me the final boot files?
It's been years since my last build and I was really horrified to see the changes :D
If I change the processor with 13700k or 12900k, is it a good idea?
I have 5700xt and 3070 graphics
I want to have 3070 on Windows and 5700xt on Hackintosh, is this idea possible?
And the fact that you have the best Hekintosh designs from long ago :D
I don't know, but I think I made the previous hackintosh from your build
I also apologize for my bad English :D

Just an FYI I'm having an issue with a kernel panic (mp_kdp_enter() timed-out on cpu 6, NMI-ing) right now. It happens over night usually and I wake up to a macOS login screen. I've done some reading and the best explanation I've come up with is from user: thenickdude on another platform. Their comment was:

The panic is being triggered because two cores didn't respond in time when they were asked to do a TLB flush.

This could mean that the cores were actually locked up, and will never recover (so a panic is the best response), but it could also mean that they are just unexpectedly slow to reply.

In the second case you can add "tlbto_us=0" to your boot args to disable the timeout mechanism altogether. Now the system won't panic, and instead you can hope those cores recover on their own.

I'm trying out the boot arg now.

Back