Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Recommended Bios settings to be updated as we go
(In no particular order for now)

Note: Please disable fTPM2.0 (not pictured)

Intel (R) Thunderbolt.jpg
USB Configuration.jpg
PCI-Sub-system Settings.jpg
PCI ASPM Settings.jpg
Advanced CPU Configuration.jpg
Integrated Peripherals.jpg
Integrated Graphics Configuration.jpg
DTBT Controller 0 Configuration.jpg
Discrete Thunderbolt Settings.jpg
CFG Lock Disabled.jpg
Boot.jpg

@NorthAmTransAm your opencore latest version can disable E-core? mine is 12700f also can?​

You need to go to Bios and travel to Overclocking/Advanced_CPU_Configuration.

There you should change Per E-Core Control to Enabled or Disable All.

Excuse me if its not exactly worded that way but you'll get the picture once there.

Advanced CPU Configuration.jpg

You need to go to Bios and travel to Overclocking/Advanced_CPU_Configuration.

There you should change Per E-Core Control to Enabled or Disable All.

Excuse me if its not exactly worded that way but you'll get the picture once there.

View attachment 546501
oic... actually i googled from BIOS can disable all P-core or E-core only for intel K cpu.... other non K cpu must at leave active min 1cpu either E-core or P-core. bc im is non k cpu , flashed many BIOS & beta bios also cant disable All E-core

oic... actually i googled from BIOS can disable all P-core or E-core only for intel K cpu.... other non K cpu must at leave active min 1cpu either E-core or P-core. bc im is non k cpu , flashed many BIOS & beta bios also cant disable All E-core
Oh wow, that's pretty strange.

@etorix, I'm always paging you--hope you don't mind, you're just so dang knowledgable on Alder Lake. Are you familiar with how to go about disabling E-Cores by adjusting SSDT-PLUG-ALT? Is it as simple as removing everything from 16 on?

Fyi the non k CPU bios , it different from you

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_040514.jpg
    IMG_20220424_040514.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20220424_040507.jpg
    IMG_20220424_040507.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 217
Check out the orientation of my cards in the photo on post 1. GPU, Fenvi, GC-Titan, UAD.

Correct, the board comes with a header but no onboard Thunderbolt. What I recommend and can help you with is to buy a GC-Titan 2.0 card and flash it using NV33. From there we will avoid using the header and will jumper Pins 3 and 5 of the GC-Titans header.

Here's the guide to use for flashing.

And here is the repository of patched firmware. I used NV33 (typically for onboard gigabyte Titan Ridge) for my GC-Titan 2.0 card.
Hello, my Titan arrives Monday, and I am preparing in advance to do the flash. From what you say you took this NV33? Isn't it for a chipset integrated into the motherboard? I want to be sure to get the right ROM...

Hello, my Titan arrives Monday, and I am preparing in advance to do the flash. From what you say you took this NV33? Isn't it for a chipset integrated into the motherboard? I want to be sure to get the right ROM...
Yeah it seems weird but it was advised this way to me by @CaseySJ. It's what I'm using now and it's been a great experience.

Fyi the non k CPU bios , it different from you
Try replacing SSDT-PLUG-ALT with the attached SSDT-PLUG-ALT-8P. Make sure you have a back up of your EFI somewhere.

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG-ALT-8P.aml
    776 bytes · Views: 44
Back