Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

I saw in another post recently where someone suggested a PCIe riser cable so you could use the second slot and not conflict with room for you Thunderbolt card. You would just have to figure out how to mount card though which could be tricky.
Another suggestion is to find the setting in you BIOS that changes the PCIe generation supported by the top slot. No guarantee but if you were able to change it form what is likely 4.0 as default to 3.0 it might be recognized.
I tried all the BIOS settings. Nothing worked. PCIe riser cable is an option, but not worth the hassle. I'll probably just resell it on eBay and get a card that works in slot 1 (my RX590 works fine, but was hoping to complete my all white build with the PowerColor 6650 XT white card).

Hey folks, hope this is easy: my system isn't seeing software updates at all! I'm on OC 9.5 using a config @medianjoe posted to this thread earlier. csrutil shows SIP enabled; secureBootModel is Default; csr-active-config is <00000000>. I've reset NVRAM several times from the OC picker. An earlier OC 8.8 posted by @NorthAmTransAm never had this issue, but I never used 8.8 on Sonoma (only Ventura). Not seeing an obvious delta that would cause my system to behave this way. Any help appreciated.

I can´t get to boot the Ventura Installer, nor from USB stick neither Direct Update, tried all the EFIs on here, it hangs on an ACPI Kernel Panic
What about BIOS settings? Here's my checklist:
Settings -> Advanced -> PCIe Settings -> Above 4G memory to Enabled;
Max TOLUD to Disabled;
Re-Size BAR Support to Disabled;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Peripherals - VGA Detection to Auto;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Graphic Configuration -> Initiate Graphic Adapter to PEG;
IGD Multi-Monitor to Disabled;
- Security -> Secure Boot to Disabled;
- OC Settings -> CPU Features -> CFG Lock to Disabled.

What about BIOS settings? Here's my checklist:
Settings -> Advanced -> PCIe Settings -> Above 4G memory to Enabled;
Max TOLUD to Disabled;
Re-Size BAR Support to Disabled;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Peripherals - VGA Detection to Auto;
- Settings -> Advanced -> Integrated Graphic Configuration -> Initiate Graphic Adapter to PEG;
IGD Multi-Monitor to Disabled;
- Security -> Secure Boot to Disabled;
- OC Settings -> CPU Features -> CFG Lock to Disabled.
Sonny, everything checks, except for the MAX TOLUD, there is no `Disabled` option, only `Dynamic` and like 1gb, 1.5gb, 2gb... using the `Dynamic` option.

Sonny, everything checks, except for the MAX TOLUD, there is no `Disabled` option, only `Dynamic` and like 1gb, 1.5gb, 2gb... using the `Dynamic` option.
Disable Thunderbolt, disabled Resizable Bar, Disable CSM.

Opencore 098, add your serial.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 30
Disable Thunderbolt, disabled Resizable Bar, Disable CSM.

Opencore 098, add your serial.
Thanks to your EFI, I was able to successfully boot the OS Ventura installation USB drive and complete the setup without any issues. I'm sharing the same EFI, but for the WiFi variant.

Opencore 098 for the WiFi variant, add your serial.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.2 MB · Views: 21
Hi all, i have the latest BIOS, but still I am having weird monitor / graphics card issues. I have a Dell s3221qs. When i turn the on the computer, its Russian Roulette, turn the monriot on first, last, leave it on - I get a DP or HDMI not selected. MOst of the time I restart and play Roulette again.

Again ideas?

Back