Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Stock MSI PE60 6QE Mobo
CPU
6th Generation Intel® Mobile Core i7-6700HQ Skylake Processor, Intel® HM87 Chipset
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M (2.0GB) GDDR5 (Maxwell) w/ Optimus™ Technology
Hello All,

I am brand new here and have some questions that I have not seen answered before in the forms yet. I have an xotic pc modified MSI PE60 6QE laptop that, unfortunately, cannot run several audio programs I use for performance on windows. As such, I wish to keep windows for gaming, as the laptop is capable, but also install OSX so that I can use it for music related applications. Essentially a dual-boot, selectable upon startup. I would very much appreciate any help in seeing if the parts in this laptop are capable, what marks to tick upon unibeat install, etc.. I am quite uncertain at this point. Anyhoo, all the parts I know are below:

MSI PE60 6QE (with upgrades)
CPU: 6th Generation Intel® Mobile Core i7-6700HQ Skylake Processor
Intel® HM87 Chipset
Mobo: ?
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M (2.0GB) GDDR5 (Maxwell) w/ Optimus™ Technology
PCI-Express™ 16X
Microsoft® DirectX® 11
RAM:32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz Dual Channel Memory
Storage:

1 x 256GB M.2 Solid State Drive (In M.2 slot 1) - currently used for windows 7 OS and wish to keep it that way, unless it would be better not to.
1 x 2TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD (Read 540MB/s - Write 520MB/s (SSD2 - SATA III)) (SKU - SSD088) (in 2.5" bay 1) - for data, figured I could create a 250GB (or less) partition for OSX on this, and have the rest be shared data for windows and osx IF that would work.
Networking:
Qualcomm Atheros 8161LAN
Intel® Dual Band AC 3165 802.11 A/AC/B/G/N 2.4/5.0GHz + Bluetooth 4.0 [M.2 Chip]
Display:
15.6" FHD (16:9) Anti-Glare Matte-Type Screen (1920x1080)
Optical Drive: 8x DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
1 12.7mm (H) Optical Drive Bay, ATA Interface, Interchangeable with ±R/RW Combo drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I also do not have access to a mac of my own. However, I do have friends with a mac, and am willing to buy an OS if need be.

Thank you!

Hello All,

I am brand new here and have some questions that I have not seen answered before in the forms yet. I have an xotic pc modified MSI PE60 6QE laptop that, unfortunately, cannot run several audio programs I use for performance on windows. As such, I wish to keep windows for gaming, as the laptop is capable, but also install OSX so that I can use it for music related applications. Essentially a dual-boot, selectable upon startup. I would very much appreciate any help in seeing if the parts in this laptop are capable, what marks to tick upon unibeat install, etc.. I am quite uncertain at this point. Anyhoo, all the parts I know are below:

Intel® HM87 Chipset
PCI-Express™ 16X
Microsoft® DirectX® 11
Storage:

1 x 256GB M.2 Solid State Drive (In M.2 slot 1) - currently used for windows 7 OS and wish to keep it that way, unless it would be better not to.
1 x 2TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD (Read 540MB/s - Write 520MB/s (SSD2 - SATA III)) (SKU - SSD088) (in 2.5" bay 1) - for data, figured I could create a 250GB (or less) partition for OSX on this, and have the rest be shared data for windows and osx IF that would work.
Networking:
Qualcomm Atheros 8161LAN
Intel® Dual Band AC 3165 802.11 A/AC/B/G/N 2.4/5.0GHz + Bluetooth 4.0 [M.2 Chip]
Display:
1 12.7mm (H) Optical Drive Bay, ATA Interface, Interchangeable with ±R/RW Combo drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I also do not have access to a mac of my own. However, I do have friends with a mac, and am willing to buy an OS if need be.

Thank you!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Hello All,

Intel® HM87 Chipset
PCI-Express™ 16X
Microsoft® DirectX® 11
Storage:

Networking:
Qualcomm Atheros 8161LAN
Display:

Thank you!

I have the same laptop. ¿Did you finish the Capitan instalation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back