Contribute
Register

MSI P55 GD-65 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know to. Trying to install on my friends board and getting the same issue with the gtx 480 and same iBoot.

Attachments

• DSDT_ASUSp5GC-MX-1333_ami_usb_fix.aml
    25.3 KB · Views: 225
I used iBoot-GE, I'm going to try "tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update" tonight. Hoping for better results.

dothedru22 said:

I got it!!! I didn't use the iBoot-GE. I just used the regular IBoot version and got it to work following the instructions, now I just have to patch in sound and ethernet drivers. System profiler doesn't show device id for my gtx 480, but who cares "I'm on mac motha ****a L@@K at me!!!"

I need some help guys

I also have this same mobo and followed the steps in this thread but I can't seem to reach the installation screen.

I tried using the latest iBoot and also iBoot-GE and both seems to stop at the same place.

more info about my system, besides the msi p55-gd65 (bios v1.10), i also have an i5 760 and a gtx 460. i have a sata ssd and a sata optical. I have all the achi stuff setup correctly based on the steps given in this thread.

here's a screenshot of the screen where it hangs (using -v boot flag)

Attachments

• DSC02702 (Custom).JPG
    DSC02702 (Custom).JPG
    413.2 KB · Views: 290
sorry to bump but there hasn't been any replies for 3 days :D

johninstallingmac said:

You are loading two different RTL81xx drivers, maybe they hang on the second try.

tosh123 said:
johninstallingmac said:

You are loading two different RTL81xx drivers, maybe they hang on the second try.
Lnx2Mac's driver supports multiple NICs

tosh123 said:
johninstallingmac said:

thanks for the reply :mrgreen:

my mobo (gd65) has two nics, and based on the screen message, it looks like both of them use the same driver (RTL81xx)

I also thought this was causing the problem so I tried disabling one in the bios, then disabling both. either one stops at the same spot minus the corresponding RTL81xx message

/edit

updates on my problem. I got it to boot to the language selection screen using the latest iboot and -x. but the problem now is when i go to the drive installation screen, there are no drives listed. although the disk utility application can correctly detect my harddrive.

i'll keep on playing around but if anyone has some thoughts, i'll gladly appreciate them. thanks

/edit again

figured it out, osx is installing now :headbang:

i've been through so much trouble to get here, osx better be worth it :lol:

This forum help get me this far, so I hope someone here can help. I have installed OS X to my hard drive and the when I load the OS X from the iboot load screen this happens (below).

Any ideas to fix this?

Attachments

• IMAG0386.jpg
    IMAG0386.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 254
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back