i applied multibeast n followed on screen options how u said
i did as you told...but my pc keeps on restarting

help me

ya somehow got it back with i boot...used -x

but now keyboard n mouse not working

I am reinstalling mac again

please help me now

i just want it to boot and audio must work

After running multibeast and applying DSDT patch,audio,network,graphics and restart

without i boot i get erroe boot0:= error

with i boot cd , it will load login screen but my mouse and keyboard wont work and will freeze....

i need someone's help to apply multibeast and to boot without iboot and atleast i get audio

check your boot priority in your BIOS; in particular, check the order that your hard drives boot in and make sure that the drive containing OS X is listed first.

I am also having problems loading SL.

My system:
Intel i5-750
MSI P55-GD65 Motherboard
EVGA Nvidia 8800GT
G.Skill DDR3 2000mhz 4GB
Sata DVD reader
Sata Hard drive

My Steps so far:
1. Running iBootTonyMacTest2.iso for my boot loader
2. Latest Retail version of SL.
3. Updated BIOS to 1.8
4. Changed my IDE to ACHI in my Bios (in both places).
5. Changed my power management from S1 to S3.
6. HPET enabled
7. Wiped my hard drive using UBCD.
7. Unplugged all USB or sata drives (only my hard drive and dvd reader is plugged in)
8. Put my hard drive in the first Sata port.

In iBootTonyMacTest2 when I come up to the Chameleon prompt I eject iBootTonyMacTest2 and put in my retail SL disk, hit f5 then enter then the OSX install disk icon comes up.

I can load through all the files that pop up on the screen after you load the SL disk. However when all the text is done loading instead of going to the OSX install screen to pick the language my computer just shuts off.

I have done the install both in regular mode and in -x safe mode. And I can never even get past all the scrolling text without my comp just shutting off.

I have read and followed all the suggestions that everyone here said and I have no idea what to do from here.

Any help is appreciated,

I kept trying different boot loaders and I finally found one that worked.

tonymacx86-msi-test.iso

with that boot loader I was able to fully install SL. Everything booted up except for my network connections. Cant connect to the internet atm however im sure I will figure it out eventually.

The lesson I learned is if your having problems installing keep trying different iso boot loaders untill you get lucky.

Hope this helps people in the future.

Hi, I have a similar problem:
boot starts with snow leopard, but at some point the monitor goes black and stops responding all

I own this machine:
MSI P55-GD65
1GB MSI ATI R5570
HD 1 TB
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
ORIGINAL SNOW LEOPARD
And at one point, the screen goes black and there is nothing of activity.
The pc is working with 4GB and I have made changes in the bios.
I have already been run out of ideas that can be.
Even start the boot with the-x, which allows me to see how to upload files, but then dies.

If anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong, they are enormously grateful.

How do you change bios to sata??

Help!!! I can' even get to the home screen to start install process. :banghead:

Here are my specs

MSI P55-GD65 Bios Version 1.A
Core i5-750 stock speed
4GB G.Skill ripjaws 1600 Mhz(board makes it run at 1333)
Evga GTX 480
LG Blu-Ray/DVD combo drive
250 GB HDD that came from my Macbook Pro.(Blank)
keyboard and mouse connected to usb and nothing else.

I set bios to boot from dvd drive. Change integrated peripherals from IDE to AHCI(twice).
Hpet 64 bit was already enabled.
Changed power management from S1 to S3.
Pretty much set everything the way Thaialism said to, on page 2 to of this thread.

First time I tried to install I was on a older bios version and was installing using my install disc for my Macbook Pro. After using the latest version of iboot-GE, I put the Macbook Pro install disc in and on the apple boot screen the wheel would spin and then say I need to restart my computer. I tried regular install and -x, both stopped at same place.

After digging a little, according to MacMan "The grey disc that came with your MacBook Pro (MBP) will only install on a MBP." So I went out and bought the retail install disc at Best Buy. Tried iboot-GE again, then the retail install disc and it still had the same screen telling me to restart, in a bunch of different languages.

Next I decided to update my bios to the latest version (1.A) and tried again. Still got the same restart message.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I wonder if I should just buy a gigabyte board since that is what tonymac seems to favor, but seeing that some of you guys have had success with this board I feel it would be a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back