Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi guys,

I've got my specs written up on my profile and I've managed to successfully install Mountain Lion on a separate hard drive but when it boots up (from USB and then select hard drive to boot) it comes up with the Apple logo and spinner but then soon stops and tells me to restart my computer. So, effectively, I cannot boot into Mountain Lion... In fact, I've never had any success installing any Mac OS X version straight onto a hard drive on my computer. :cry: Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm still using an LGA 775 socket for my processor? If not, could you please let me know what you think is causing the freeze and, if any, what version of OS X would best run on my system?

Thanks for any help I can get,
Florin.

Definitely not a 775 socket issue. I'm running snow, lion, amd mt lion on a q6600 , 8300, and a core2 duo e6750.
As far as your install goes, have you tried any boot flags? We need more info to help you.

Definitely not a 775 socket issue. I'm running snow, lion, amd mt lion on a q6600 , 8300, and a core2 duo e6750.
As far as your install goes, have you tried any boot flags? We need more info to help you.

Nope, not tried any boot flags, as I'm quite unaware of any for Mac :/ Could you please list some I could try out? Also, I've got two graphics cards installed and removed one and kept the 7300GT for the installation as opposed to the 550Ti. Is that ok or..? Also, I had two monitors connected to the 7300GT and the install seemed to mirror both screens together.

Hey, sorry for the lack of initial information. I managed to boot up Mountain Lion in Safe Boot mode and ran MultiBeast but the normal boot still crashes and asks for a reboot. So I've decided to take a picture of the verbose output instead of try type it all up... :p

WP_000159.jpg

Hopefully you can read all that, if not, I'll try take a clearer picture with my digital camera.

Thanks for any further help you can provide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back