Contribute
Register

MSI Nightblade MI2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I can't find out if the motherboard for MSI Nigthblade MI2 is compatible with hackintoshes.
Although in the information sheet at MSI website it says it is a "Z170 Intel® motherboard", I see there are many Z170 motherboards.

Does someone know if this exactly motherboard is ok?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I can't find out if the motherboard for MSI Nigthblade MI2 is compatible with hackintoshes.
Although in the information sheet at MSI website it says it is a "Z170 Intel® motherboard", I see there are many Z170 motherboards.

Thanks in advance!

Here's the information on the Nightblade MI2 from MSI's website:
nightblade-mi2.png

Based on this, I see it's a B150-based motherboard, not Z170 - that doesn't necessarily rule it out, but we just don't know (a) which motherboard it is; and (b) whether or not it will run OS X. We don't know which chipset the LAN uses (though most are supported, so that's usually not a problem). The audio codec (Realtek ALC1150) is fine. The Wifi/Bluetooth is a problem, as Intel Wifi is currently not supported by OS X, though if the Wifi/Bluetooth is on a removable (M.2 or MiniPCIe) module, it can be replaced with one that is supported.

Now I'm even more confused since in the overview page it states clearly it is a Z170 motherboard, as you can see in the pic bellow!

upload_2016-5-17_17-48-50.png

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Raphael

I know it is a late answer, because I just bought a MSI Nightblade Mi2c ( Hardware is same as Mi2) couple weeks ago and I got chance to install Sierra 10.12.4 to it. Short answer that it works! 99.9% completely compatible for hackintosh. Only the intel wifi/bluetooth card that I need to replace, even intel bluetooth (on intel wifi combo card) works fine on Mac, but not the wifi. Anyway so far everything works fine.

I installed Samsung 960 EVO PCIe NVMe SSD for dual boot Mac and Windows system. Also upgraded a Geforce Gtx 1080 FE video card (replaced Gtx 960), and it works flawlessly with Nvidia web driver. Other thing such as onboard audio, and LAN are working as well.

It is my 1st hackintosh, I'm very happy with this little compact mini pc so far.:)

Last edited:
Hi, hope you guys can help me out... I have been a mac user for +15years now, and now I got a windows På vej! To see if this was something for me.. not sure it is and hopping I can get it to run sierra

The model is:
MSI Nightblade X2-253E

Thanks jacob

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Not sure if I posted before :)

I have a: MSI Nightblade X2-253E

Can I get sierra on that model ?

Thanks
Jacob

Hi,

Not sure if I posted before :)

I have a: MSI Nightblade X2-253E

Can I get sierra on that model ?

Thanks
Jacob

Can you post some specifications of your hardware, I found nothing about the hardware of your system on Google.

Can you post some specifications of your hardware, I found nothing about the hardware of your system on Google.

here is some pictures of the bios, maybe that helps ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 359
  • MSI_SnapShot.jpg
    MSI_SnapShot.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 675
  • MSI_SnapShot_00.jpg
    MSI_SnapShot_00.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 377
here is some pictures of the bios, maybe that helps ?
Sorry for the late answer...

Yes, your PC configuration is compatible and you´re able to run mac OS Sierra on it.
Follow the Unibeast guide to create a bootalbe USB drive: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Skylake is natively supported and the CPU and the IGPU of the CPU will work fine on Sierra.

Maybe you can post other specifications, for example the audio chipset, ethernet and the DGPU of the system.

Please also update your personal details and fill in your hardware specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back