Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> MSI MEG Z590 ACE. USBC, Ethernet and wifi not recognized. Device name ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MEG Z590 ACE
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. My MB, an MSI MEG Z590 ACE is giving me some headaches after a system update (Mac OS 11.3 -> 11.4). It works fine, except for the ethernet port and the two USB ports next to it (connecting a device to them causes a crash).
Besides that, the USBC/Thunderbolt ports work fine with the thunderbolt devices, but the USB-C devices are not recognized anymore. The Integrated WiFi AX210 doesn't work also. After some digging with no success, I decided to use hackintoolto look after the devices routes on the PCIe section and I found that some devices says "???" under "Device name" field.
Could It be related? Anyone have some idea on how can I fix that?
Attached is a screenshot of the Hackintool screen.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-07-03 190340.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-07-03 190340.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 94
You are using an unsupported motherboard, which contains devices not used or recognised or identified fully by macOS and are wondering why the names don’t appear!

The Intel WiFi card in your system is not supported in macOS, yet. It may gain support in the future but currently it doesn’t work in macOS.

Have you created a custom USB Configuration for your system? If not I suggest you have a read and follow this guide by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Hi. My MB, an MSI MEG Z590 ACE is giving me some headaches after a system update (Mac OS 11.3 -> 11.4). It works fine, except for the ethernet port and the two USB ports next to it (connecting a device to them causes a crash).
Besides that, the USBC/Thunderbolt ports work fine with the thunderbolt devices, but the USB-C devices are not recognized anymore. The Integrated WiFi AX210 doesn't work also. After some digging with no success, I decided to use hackintoolto look after the devices routes on the PCIe section and I found that some devices says "???" under "Device name" field.
Could It be related? Anyone have some idea on how can I fix that?
Attached is a screenshot of the Hackintool screen.
Thanks in advance.
If someone sees and needs this:
1. The wifi doesn't work because is not supported by OpenIntel wireless (itlwn), solution is remove the motherboard, loosen the back screws to remove the plate and dissipators and remove the wifi module, replace the Intel AX210 Wifi/BT e-key card with another one supported by OpenIntelWireless (list is in the link) and put it back on (You can get one on internet). Install OpenIntelWireless as specificated and do not forget to install Heliport.
Compatibility https://openintelwireless.github.io/itlwm/Compat.html

2. Ethernet does not work because some modifications of big sur 11.3 (much info for me to process in one round), the solution is get rid of FakePCIID kexts intended to change the PCI ID of the ethernet controller, the intel mausi kext and, instead of that, do some config on your mac; Go to Network Settings, select your Ethernet Adapter, Clic on Advanced, Go to Hardware Tab, on "Configure" select "Manually", on "Speed" select "1000baseT" (2500baseT could make your system freeze and reboot without any warning while using ethernet), on "Duplex" select "Full-Duplex" and on "MTU" must be "1500". Ethernet would be limited to 1Gb/s instead the 2.5Gb/s maximum, but it will work without any issues.

3.USB-C and the 2 USB port next to the Ethernet port troubles was because I didn't do the propper USB mapping while using Big Sur until 11.3 Where I was having minor problems (so tiny, that I ignored them, I was Using USBInjectAll kext and XhciPortLimit quirk on Opencore) but when I updated to 11.4, the Issues were not so tiny, even then, I did not do the USB Mapping, but used a Z590 USB kext found over the internet. Disabling the XhciPortLimit Resolved the issue, but bring more headaches if you lack of a propper USB port mapping. Also, it seems that Bluetooth depends on USB port mapping so, a bad or null USB port mapping equals to No bluetooth.
I just updated to 11.5 and things got even worse since USBInjectAll does not work at all on z590 chipset on big sur 11.5 and I'm having a hard time doing the USB Port mapping on a system that is blind in terms of USB (Kids, do your homework and do your USB port Mapping while you can)

This is all for now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back