Motherboard
MSI GP63
CPU
I7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey, I have this laptop here. I've been trying for the past few days to get either high sierra or mojave working on it. I learned that High sierra most likely won't work due to the coffee lake processor. So, I moved on to mojave. I wasn't able to find any info/guide on whether it's been done on this laptop. But, I did find a few other MSI laptop guides with the same specs and that's what I based my EFI folder off of. However, I can't seem to get the macOS installer to boot. The installer just hangs right after I start it and then shows the no symbol. If I could get some advice or if theres something that makes this laptop incompatible I could really use some advice. I attached my current EFI folder to this post in case you would like to look over it. I appreciate any help I can get very much!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hey, I have this laptop here. I've been trying for the past few days to get either high sierra or mojave working on it. I learned that High sierra most likely won't work due to the coffee lake processor. So, I moved on to mojave. I wasn't able to find any info/guide on whether it's been done on this laptop. But, I did find a few other MSI laptop guides with the same specs and that's what I based my EFI folder off of. However, I can't seem to get the macOS installer to boot. The installer just hangs right after I start it and then shows the no symbol. If I could get some advice or if theres something that makes this laptop incompatible I could really use some advice. I attached my current EFI folder to this post in case you would like to look over it. I appreciate any help I can get very much!
maybe require USBInjectAll.kext in clover/kexts/other

best to next time boot verbose and take a pic to upload here

I'll try that, ill also take a picture and show what verbose says

Lol I put in the usbinjectall kext and it immediately booted into the installer. I'm currently installing to my nvme ssd. Fingers crossed. And the battery indicator just worked right off the bat

Lol I put in the usbinjectall kext and it immediately booted into the installer. I'm currently installing to my nvme ssd. Fingers crossed. And the battery indicator just worked right off the bat
yes, as that is due to SMCBatteryManager.kext

same with mine, no DSDT or hotpatch was required to get that working

yes, as that is due to SMCBatteryManager.kext

same with mine, no DSDT or hotpatch was required to get that working
Thats really nice, getting the the battery indicator working on my lenovo laptop was a pain

Thats really nice, getting the the battery indicator working on my lenovo laptop was a pain
i agree, to much in the way of editing DSDT file is a pain in the wotsit! :)

i agree, to much in the way of editing DSDT file is a pain in the wotsit! :)
installation worked right off the bat, thank you so much for your advice! I'll make a little guide/post to document this

Attachments

• 20200319_132911.jpg
    20200319_132911.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back