Graphics
MSI HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HI, anyone able to help with the latest up-to-date how-tos to enable HDMI audio output from MSI Hawk HD6870 in 10.6.8 and 10.7.1? I have read several posts and am quite confused, some suggesting sourcing for the vbios to check connector id or sth or are all these superseded(hopefully), working out of the box with the latest mac osx versions available? A million thank yous!

gweeyc said:
HI, anyone able to help with the latest up-to-date how-tos to enable HDMI audio output from MSI Hawk HD6870 in 10.6.8 and 10.7.1? I have read several posts and am quite confused, some suggesting sourcing for the vbios to check connector id or sth or are all these superseded(hopefully), working out of the box with the latest mac osx versions available? A million thank yous!
Apple's HDMI audio implementation is only available from Apple. You can try VoodooHDA which does not require dsdt or kext editing. Or you can try the following:

The process is the same for 10.6.8 and 10.7.1:
1. Edit you dsdt for HDMI audio. When successfully edited, you can use the same dsdt in either OS X version. More info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030

Boot your system. If you had a Sapphire HD 6870, you would have HDMI audio at this point (this is as close to OOB as it gets). If your MSI is not showing in Preferences/Sound/Output, then you go to step 2.

2. Edit Ati6000Controller.kext for you frambuffer. Successful edits allow the frambuffer parameters to match your MSI vbios. More info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22031 Please note, substitute Ati6000Controller.kext for AtiFrambuffer.kext in the guide for 10.6.8 and 10.7.1.

Its not hard but its not easy the first time and it is nowhere near as scary as it may sound. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back