Contribute
Register

MSI H81M-P33 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to install Yosemite on my PC with clover but I'm totally lost...
I was using this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

but after step 3 point 4, the apple logo appears instantly with the loading bar. after it was loaded around a third, the machine reboots and acts like nothing happened...

It would be awesome if anybody could help!

My Specs:
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @3.60 GHz (Haswell)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 2GB

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!
I was using this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

but after step 3 point 4, the apple logo appears instantly with the loading bar. after it was loaded around a third, the machine reboots and acts like nothing happened...

My Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @3.60 GHz

e-mail: *********@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Please read the Rules :

Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

sorry, deleting my mail info

Hi everyone!
I was using this guide:

My Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @3.60 GHz (Haswell)

Thanks in advance!

Some thoughts...

First please update your profile information so the details of your system are reflected in the left side bar below you user ID.

Have you updated to the latest BIOS for this motherboard? It appears that there is a v 1.9 from April of this year available.

And you may have better success by installing without the GPU installed. The after you have a stable booting system, add the web drivers and install the GPU... there are guides for this. Use the Search function.

Also, I would advise using the UniBeast/MultiBeast install method instead of Clover if you are new to installing OS X.

Good modding,
neil

Hi Guys, the answer to the MSI H81M-P33 rebooting all the time is to disable the CPU MSR Lock. With Ver 1.9 of the Bios this is possible under Advance Setting and CPU Settings. I will post a screen grab shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back