Contribute
Register

MSI H81M-P33 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT 650M
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
Computer has following HW:
MSI H81M-P33
Intel Core i3 4330
ZEPPELIN 4GB DDR3 1600MHz GOLD

That's everyting. on hackintosh website I found 2 installation guides - and both don't work cause of restart when I select the USB flash disk - like on this computer 69428d1381266994-usb.png

I find out information I need to flash Motherboard but I don't know if I did it correctly, because in my way it doesn't work.
I have downloaded PMPatch and bios 1.4 from MSI website. Then I did this - is that correct command? http://cl.ly/image/3P0a232X1s3Z

And - result is:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]PowerManagement modules not found.[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002C5ED0 patched.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMI nest modules not found.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Phoenix nest modules not found.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]CpuPei module at 007AC9C0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Output file generated.[/FONT]

Then I created booting flash disk, it did something, but - installation still doesn't work and still doing restart. This Motherboard has UEFI. It is Haswell processor so I think in hardware isn't problem, problem is (I think) in patch problem.

Could you please help me?

Thanks.
Luke

Hello,
Computer has following HW:
MSI H81M-P33
Intel Core i3 4330
ZEPPELIN 4GB DDR3 1600MHz GOLD

That's everyting. on hackintosh website I found 2 installation guides - and both don't work cause of restart when I select the USB flash disk - like on this computer 69428d1381266994-usb.png

I find out information I need to flash Motherboard but I don't know if I did it correctly, because in my way it doesn't work.
I have downloaded PMPatch and bios 1.4 from MSI website. Then I did this - is that correct command? http://cl.ly/image/3P0a232X1s3Z

And - result is:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]PowerManagement modules not found.[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002C5ED0 patched.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMI nest modules not found.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Phoenix nest modules not found.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]CpuPei module at 007AC9C0 not patched: Patch pattern not found.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Output file generated.[/FONT]

Then I created booting flash disk, it did something, but - installation still doesn't work and still doing restart. This Motherboard has UEFI. It is Haswell processor so I think in hardware isn't problem, problem is (I think) in patch problem.

Could you please help me?

Thanks.
Luke

I've got Mavericks working perfectly with this board. pretty easy, to help you, as i'm sure you've got one or two settings off.

start off by making sure your boot sequence is not efi boot . I'll snap a shot for you later on. Second, try booting with bootflag " dart=0 " (no quote marks) , The motherboard bios doesn't have an explicit switch for turning that off. If these don't help and you're really motivated shoot a short video of your bios and boot sequence and I'll gladly help you get this thing running,....you are trying to install mavericks correct?

/cheers

Hello,
I'm glad to hear somebody has same motherboard! :)

It's my brother's computer and I think Hackintosh could be also great on this HW.

I have downloaded Live Update 5 from MSI and it show to me that there is 1.10 BIOS version so there is problem.

Have you the last version of bios? Have you tried to patch it with PMpatch or you haven't?

PS: Do I need to flash the BIOS? http://www.msi.com/service/biosupdate/

Thanks a lot!

you did the PM patch correctly.

I have 2 of these boards, the one i'm currently using is PM patched. the other one isn't. I've already pulled half the ram and will be trying up the other one tomorrow to see if it works without the PMpatch.

Here are my bios specs, ver 1.1 , make your boot sequence look like that without the efi: bit if it isn't already.

kd3Ja6p.jpg

Hello,
can you help me with BIOS settings? Maybe there is something wrong. Do you have email or anything?

Can you send me instruction how to setup bios setting too ? .. i have 1.1 version now.. but nonPmpatched.. while i trying pmpatch 1.1 .. pmpatcher in CMD says to me PowerManagement modules not found my email: [email protected] :banghead: btw: i have i5-5470 too

Hello Can you send me PMPATCHED 1.10 Bios ? .. i have this mobo too but when i trying to pmpatch bios... it says powermodule not found.. PLEASE HELP ME

Hey! I just read that MSI H81 P33 works fine with ur hackintosh. I tried to install Yosemite, but got nothing but restart after a few seconds. Can u help to solve my problems? My E-mail is [email protected] skype: ivdobryakov. Thanks a lot in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back