Graphics
Geforce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there, first time hackintosh builder here. I need a little help getting my system to boot without safe boot. As the title indicates, I have the following system

MSI H77MA-G43 mobo
i5-3550 Ivy Bridge CPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 660 Ti
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
TL-WDN4800 WiFi card

I flashed the motherboard BIOS with the patched version from samisnake (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread-25.html#post376293). As far as I know, this motherboard only requires an unlocked BIOS and a DSDT isn't necessary.

Unibeast install of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 went without a hitch when run with the safe boot flag (-x)

Booted into Mountain Lion (still with safe boot, otherwise it wouldn't boot) and installed Multibeast with the following selections:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Realtek ALC892 (Without DSDT)
TRIM Enabler
NVIDIA GTX 670/680/690 10.8.0 and 10.8.1 Support
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
FakeSMC Plugins
GraphicsEnabler=No
iMac 12,2 system definition

After a restart and booting in verbose mode, the boot just hangs at the following point (see screenshot):

2012-10-17 08.40.07.jpg

I have no idea where the 'duplicate IP6 address' message could be coming from. There's no kernel panic or anything, it just hangs. I purposely did not install Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet driver and disabled onboard LAN to see if the message would go away, but to no avail.

The only other thing I can think of is that I currently have the wifi card (PCIE x1) installed in a PCIE 2.0 x16 slot so that there's some space between it and my video card. It looks like I may actually have room to install the wifi card in an actual PCIE x1 slot though. Could this be a problem?

Thoughts?

Moved the wifi card to the PCIE x1 slot but that wasn't it.

Then I disabled VT-D in BIOS (couldn't find the setting earlier) and everything booted up perfectly!

After booting, I had some audio popping issues that were resolved by switching back to the Mac Pro 3,1 smbios.plist via Multibeast.

Now it seems that the only issue I have is waking from sleep. The system wakes up fine and gets to the login screen, but then it hangs at the login screen and eventually reboots. The behavior sounds kind of like the http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread-97.html, but I have a Kepler card so I'm not sure.

Any thoughts? I'm not really sure where to start looking.

Hi, can u tellme how to disable VT-d? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back