Asus X99-A II
CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi all,

Can anyone available help with a .plists and .kexts files for this build?

I was able to install the OS fine. It not able to get the drivers loaded properly.

Thanks all.

Hi all,

Can anyone available help with a .plists and .kexts files for this build?

I was able to install the OS fine. It not able to get the drivers loaded properly.

Thanks all.

Thanks for the response.
I guess I should further on a more clear question.
I need some advise on how to post install for all the drivers once Mojave is loaded.
Am I suppose to copy the config and the rest of the files from the installer usb to the EFI of the Mac HD partition? If so, since the drive is formatted as AFS, I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for the response.
I need some advise on how to post install for all the drivers once Mojave is loaded.
Am I suppose to copy the config and the rest of the files from the installer usb to the EFI of the Mac HD partition? If so, since the drive is formatted as AFS, I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks for all the help.

It is very hard to provide any help to someone who does not properly fill the Hardware Specifications on the Profile.
These forum Rules are not punitive but to provide proper informed help through out the troubleshoot .

You have listed : your
Motherboard as Apple 123,
CPU as 4850 and
Graphics as GTX 1070

The space provided at the Accounts Detail Settings page can be edited to provide the exact Brand name and Model name of the Motherboard, CPU and PCIE Graphics card to provide the full useful information.

The Title of a Post must reflect the real reason for seeking help.
A TITLE like HELP is really a turn off. This Forum is to provide help and when someone posts here, it is either to seek help or provide help.

This Forum has Installation Guides, Tools and kexts to Download and different sub-forums dealing with Graphics, Audio, Network and other post- installation issues besides , Installation Support for each OS X and macOS versions for Desktop and Laptop computers separately and for Multiboot Systems.
A newcomer to this Forum may go to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/im-new-to-everything-where-do-i-start.104542/ to get an idea about where to begin.

Reading the Guide for each OS X or macOS version and following it step by step can get you to a point where you can begin to know how to frame your question and post it properly.

Having seen folks getting frustrated , I have made a short post that might be useful to know how Hackintosh works .
You may find it useful. You can find it here: #6

Once you complete your Profile properly and edit your TITLE, I am sure you will get help here.

My apology :) - Updates

Once you Erase your Target SSD using GUID +APFS scheme and start to install Mojave on it and complete the series of reboots required to copy all the macOSMojave files , create a Recovery Disk, the new Mojave System disk will then proceed to the Welcome screen to setup Language & Region , the Apple Account, the iCloud account, the Dark Light Mode, Desktop and Keyboard Assistant .

When you finally reach the Desktop this macOSMojave System disk has no Bootloader (CLOVER) and may not have all the drivers(kexts) it needs to make use of the Hardware because the USB Installer which has CLOVER in its own EFI Partition does not install that on the System Disk's EFI Partition.

You got to do that as a second step ASAP to stop the System disk's dependence on the USB Installer disk for the bootloader to boot back to its on Login Screen and Desktop.

This needs the use of Third party tool installation like Multibeast on this MacOSMojave System disk that was carried on the Unibeast created macOSMojave USB Installer disk.

To use Multibeast, you have to make Changes in the Security Policy through System Preferences [Like the Control Panel of Windows] > Security & Privacy >General tab> Unlock (Click Padlock ) > Password > and click Radio button (.) Anywhere to Allow apps downloaded from:

Most in this Forum likes to use Multibeast -the multitask tool , to install Clover EFI bootloader in UEFI or Legacy mode and kexts for devices like SATA,LAN, AUDIO, USB, Controllers OnBoard , and some Add on cards through customization menu and some needed plug-ins.

Since the Clover from Multibeast has to reach the EFI Partition that was created on the Hard disk from Disk Utility Erase method, but was immediately hidden.

Multibeast has the capacity to locate hidden EFI Partition and install CLOVER and some other files on it. I should warn you it sometimes fails to do that and you should check the CLOVER after Multibeast run before booting the disk

Once Multibeast does the "Build" step it creates the EFI Folder and installs CLOVER folder with the FileTree within that in the EFI Partition and and at the end Automatically 'mounts' the EFI Partition of System disk for the Very First and Only time in its existence on the Desktop.

This is your Opportunity to click open and do a walkthrough of CLOVER and all its Folders to verify the contents
and remove unwanted empty Numbered kexts folders leaving only the kexts/Other to hold the essential kexts for CLOVER's use to boot. Check the contents of /driversUEFI folder also.

Those who are a little bit more inquisitive may also check EXTREMELY CAREFULLY the kexts in the Hard disk's Library/Extensions folder and /System/Library/Extensions folder. These are the kexts that run the system hardware.

I would say all users must check Apple>AboutThisMac>Overview Screen and click on the MacOSMojave >Version to know what they have installed and can also find CPU|Memory|Startup Disk|Graphics information

For Detailed information about all the properly setup hardware
with kexts, click System Repot...> Hardware> Hardware Overview and all the Devices like Audio to WiFi listed there .
This System Report is like the "Device Manager" of Windows.

If you don't check all of them within the few minutes of reaching the new Desktop, and don't take Screen Capture images (to upload to forum if you have questions) you are really not a good Hackintosh enthusiast!:)

Others may like to install CLOVER and kexts Manually as they have already researched on their hardware and know what they need without a prompt which Multibeast provides at each menu.

If you are someone like me ready to spend a lot of time finding about the Chipsets on the Motherboard and add- on cards and locates all the kexts needed and collects & saves even before making the USB Installer , and then creates the 16GB USB Installer disk, you will have all the kexts your need for your System in it and the EFI of that USB is copy- pastable on the mounted EFI of the hard disk . If you are ingenious, you will copy and paste Clover Configurator Global on to your USB Installer just like Multibeast is dragged and dropped after Unibeast installation.
Using CCG you can mount the EFIs of both the MacOSMojave USB Installer and Mojave System disk on the desktop and copy the EFI Folder from the USB on to the empty EFI Partition or after deleting any EFI Folder you might find there. If you have created a custom EFI on the macOSMojave USB Installer for that Specific computer and not a generic one without all the needed kexts, the pasted EFI Folder will be perfect .

[Note: CCG is a 2 in 1 tool; It can mount EFI and can help you edit config.plist in Gui mode.]

But you got to install kexts from that to the Library/Extensions folder
to make the System disk work OK.
That installation must be using Special tools like KextBeast|Kext Wizard|Kext Utility also carried piggyback on USB Installer Flash disk which can perform the needed Repair Permission and Rebuild Cache in one clean sweep.

I hope this is useful information and answered your question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back