Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have this and was woundering if it can work with any variations of a hachintosh build.

I have this and was wondering if it can work with any variations of a hachintosh build.

GTX960 is supported with the Nvidia web drivers starting with Yosemite (10.10). So I would think your card should work.

What system are you planning to use it on?

CPU and motherboard are not compatible. The CPU is an old socket 1155 while the motherboard (Z370) only accepts the newest socket 1151 CPU such as Core i3-8100 / i5-8400 etc.

You need to find a compatible CPU / motherboard combination. Look at the Buyer's Guide for starters. Or do you want to find cheaper second hand parts?

ahh ya my research got mixed up. I hear the cpu is the only safe part to buy used so I was trying to shave a few hundred dolers off.

so if I find a mobo for that cpu will it work for a hachintosh build ?

ahh ya my research got mixed up. I hear the cpu is the only safe part to buy used so I was trying to shave a few hundred dollars off.

so if I find a mobo for that cpu will it work for a hackintosh build ?

Yes, if you can find a socket 1155 motherboard for the Core i5 2500, it should work with MacOS. But note that you also need a supported graphics card in this case since the CPU graphics of the i5-2500 is not supported in MacOS. Your GTX960 should work in this case. But socket 1155 motherboards were made 5-6 years ago and you may not be able to find a new one easily.

My older build and backup build are both based on CPUs and (used second hand) motherboards of that era (Sandy Bridge), and both work with a range of MacOS from Mountain Lion (10.8) to El Capitan (10.11). I am pretty sure I can also run Sierra (10.12) or High Sierra (10.13) if I want to, though I have not found a reason to since I am already running Sierra on my present Kaby Lake build.

well now i'm desiding between geting a amd du to the intell kernal thaing ?

Is it hard to near inposabul to have a amd hackintosh ?

Is it hard to near impossible to have a amd hackintosh ?

The Rules said
AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.

So you won't be able to find help here if you really decide to go that route. Besides, you should consider the fact that Apple only uses (certain types of) Intel CPUs in real Macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back