Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello,

I recently bought a MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III and i noticed only 1 fan is spinning.
Now the temp stays at 33 just browsing the web and goes to around 60/65 when playing a simple game, the other fan then does not go on. Im kinda afraid to let it go above 65 cause of overheating.

The fan does spin a couple of rounds at boot up.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,
Jacobus

Hello,

I recently bought a MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III and i noticed only 1 fan is spinning.
Now the temp stays at 33 just browsing the web and goes to around 60/65 when playing a simple game, the other fan then does not go on. Im kinda afraid to let it go above 65 cause of overheating.

The fan does spin a couple of rounds at boot up.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,
Jacobus

May be by default system not in overload only 1 Fan run, You should check it on a overload test, Ex by run: Unigine Heaven Benchmark. Because my 970 2 Fan never run under normal Tasks or play LoL, Fan only run when I stress test or heavy gaming keep GPU maximal around 60 degree !

May be by default system not in overload only 1 Fan run, You should check it on a overload test, Ex by run: Unigine Heaven Benchmark. Because my 970 2 Fan never run under normal Tasks or play LoL, Fan only run when I stress test or heavy gaming keep GPU maximal around 60 degree !

900 series cards are design to have semi passive cooling. This is not normal behavior for any other series of Nvidia GPUs.

Yeah i thought so. i bought it second hand, can't send it back for RMA.
Can't i just replace the cooler? For example with the Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo 2 ? Anybody have experience with this?

It is weird that the fans start spinning on boot up though :confused:.

Yeah i thought so. i bought it second hand, can't send it back for RMA.
Can't i just replace the cooler? For example with the Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo 2 ? Anybody have experience with this?

It is weird that the fans start spinning on boot up though :confused:.

If the fan spins normally during boot or when running another OS, then it is likely a power management issue and not a hardware defect.

So, how do i test this? Should i try connecting the cooler directly to the PSU with a molex connector or something?

I did read something about flashing the bios but i have no idea how to do this. :(

I just installed SMCfancontrol and i see that the 2gpu fan (the one not working) is on 30rpm.
Anyway i can adjust this?

Also on HWmonitor it only has only 1 GPU fan.

Make sure the fan connector is fully seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back