Contribute
Register

MSI GTX 970 Nvidia web driver 346.03.03F02 on 10.11.1 DisplayPort no signal after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97M Gaming
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am using a MSI GTX 970 in my hackintosh (14.2 profile).
I connected a Dell 2515H to said graphics card via displayport.

The problem that I am facing is that post boot (when you are prompted for your username/password), the screen just turns off, there does not seem to be a signal on the displayport.

Getting the screen to work is easy, just turn it off and on (which seems to trigger a "plug" event and enables the signal on the displayport of the graphics card).

The same thing does not seem to happen when using HDMI, however I cannot get the full resolution when using HDMI, which why I prefer to stick with displayport.

Is there any way to enable the displayport post boot sequence without having to turn the screen off/on each time?

Thank you very much

I have no issues using DP with my MSI GTX 970 and a Dell 2415.

Hi,

I am not saying that it is not working at all, the problem is that the computer boots and once all the kernel messages have been displayed on screen, the signal on the display port seems to be gone.

Turning the monitor off and back on again or, alternatively, disconnecting the monitor from the computer and plugging it back, brings back the signal.

I also have windows 7 on the same computer and I am not facing the same issue in windows.

Are there any additional infos that I could supply to further diagnose this problem?

Thank you

EDIT: Maybe I should add that the screen is connect via display port on the gfx card and mini display port on the screen.

You have Inject/Nvidia/False in your Clover config?

I do not think that I do, no.

I have attached my config file, serials edited out.

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 232
You need to add the boot argument nvda_drv=1

And that was it!

You are the man of the hour!

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back