Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

Last night I finally got my hackintosh up and running 100% perfectly on the integrated graphics, and now I can't seem to get it to work with my MSI GTX 670 Power Edition. I honestly wouldn't care all that much but I do a lot of video editing and photo editing so I really could use the performance boost. Here's an image of what I get when I boot.

D3O6yjP.jpg

I am so new to this and a huge newb so if anyone could direct me in what I'm supposed to do it would be greatly appreciated. I can get into OS X just fine without my card if I need to change a kext or something.

My system:
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 2.70 Modded BIOS
8 GB of Corsair Vengeance Ram @ 1600 MHz
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz

Hi everyone,

Last night I finally got my hackintosh up and running 100% perfectly on the integrated graphics, and now I can't seem to get it to work with my MSI GTX 670 Power Edition. I honestly wouldn't care all that much but I do a lot of video editing and photo editing so I really could use the performance boost. Here's an image of what I get when I boot.

View attachment 67595

I am so new to this and a huge newb so if anyone could direct me in what I'm supposed to do it would be greatly appreciated. I can get into OS X just fine without my card if I need to change a kext or something.

My system:
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 2.70 Modded BIOS
8 GB of Corsair Vengeance Ram @ 1600 MHz
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz

Off-topic in "ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management" ... moved to separate thread.

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=No?

Thanks for moving it for me. I figured it was pretty similar because it was about the GPU and such. Thanks though!

Yes I have GraphicsEnabler=No in Multibeast.

Thanks for moving it for me. I figured it was pretty similar because it was about the GPU and such. Thanks though!

Yes I have GraphicsEnabler=No in Multibeast.

I asked because you said you started out with integrated working, which requires GraphicsEnabler=Yes, yet your nvidia card needs GraphicsEnabler=No.

Are you using DVI or HDMI to connect your monitor?

I asked because you said you started out with integrated working, which requires GraphicsEnabler=Yes, yet your nvidia card needs GraphicsEnabler=No.

Are you using DVI or HDMI to connect your monitor?

I am connecting via HDMI, my monitor doesn't have a DVI port sadly.

I just re-did my entire installation of Mac OS X following this guide, so you know what I have and haven't done. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3777028/2013 Hackintosh/v1.2.0.html

While booting into OS X, my GPU fan stays at a constant rate that although I dont think is maximum, it is still higher than usual.

Do I need to change that "Shared Memory" section of the BIOS since I have a GPU now or am I supposed to leave it at 64 MB?

Kinda in the same boat with my Asrock Fatality pro-m. It works fine when I have it set to on-board graphics but just freezes up when I switch to the PCI. With the hd4000 I get the boot screen and then it switches to my graphics card GTX660. I hope a tip or two comes out of this.

I think the consensus appears to be 32mb on the shared memory.

The guy in this video installed a kext to get the GTX 6XX series to work with his machine, although with the latest version of MultiBeast I don't see these kexts anywhere so I presume that they aren't needed and/or are outdated now?

I'll try changing my memory from 64 to 32 MB tomorrow morning. Hopefully it works!

Changing the graphics memory did not fix it or change anything as far as I'm aware of.

I just want my card to work this is so frustrating!

Here is the error I get:

IMG_20130921_130804487.jpg

I tried removing GpuSensor.kext from my FakeSMC.kext (as suggested in the thread below) and it didn't seem to change a thing.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-kext-gpusensor-kext-system-freeze-issue.html

Any ideas? I presume these errors have to do with FakeSMC because of the line "SMC : :smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == Null - fall back to old SMC mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back