Intel i7 6820HK - Mainboard model: MS1782 Chipset: Intel Skylake-H 7 series
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970m 1920x1080 3GB GDDR5 Integrated RAMDAC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

First of all, I’m not that much experienced in Hackintosh, but, I’ve done this couple of times... and I’m still learning..

I managed to install El Capitan on my Laptop.. everything is good somehow. However, the one issue that I really need to get over is the graphics..

I have the Nvidia GTX 970m, which I found in some posts that it should work with the Nvidia Web driver.. however, when I installed the driver, and did some work around the config.plist, as described in many different methods to enable the GTX, it still does not work..

What I get is, sometimes, I swich to the Nvidia web driver, and apply the fix etc.. and restart, but it falls back to system rendering and does not use the GTX.. Although, in about this mac, it says the graphics is GTX 970m 2 GB..

On other occasions, using different settings, after restart, it shows black screen only (with the system booted and working).. when us nv_disable, it boots with system rendering again and doesn’t use the GTX..

In the Web driver settings, ECC I think, it says no device detected in slots 1,2,3 etc..

I have tried different solutions and methods, but still can’t get over it...

Hope you guys can help me with that.. and thanks for the support ...

Laptop: MSI GT72 6QD Dominator G - Intel Core i7-6820HK Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970m 3GB

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support

Hello everyone,

First of all, I’m not that much experienced in Hackintosh, but, I’ve done this couple of times... and I’m still learning..

I managed to install El Capitan on my Laptop.. everything is good somehow. However, the one issue that I really need to get over is the graphics..

I have the Nvidia GTX 970m, which I found in some posts that it should work with the Nvidia Web driver.. however, when I installed the driver, and did some work around the config.plist, as described in many different methods to enable the GTX, it still does not work..

What I get is, sometimes, I swich to the Nvidia web driver, and apply the fix etc.. and restart, but it falls back to system rendering and does not use the GTX.. Although, in about this mac, it says the graphics is GTX 970m 2 GB..

On other occasions, using different settings, after restart, it shows black screen only (with the system booted and working).. when us nv_disable, it boots with system rendering again and doesn’t use the GTX..

In the Web driver settings, ECC I think, it says no device detected in slots 1,2,3 etc..

I have tried different solutions and methods, but still can’t get over it...

Hope you guys can help me with that.. and thanks for the support ...

Laptop: MSI GT72 6QD Dominator G - Intel Core i7-6820HK Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970m 3GB

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

So, I have updated my profile and added my laptop specs.

However, I've decided to go for the OSX Sierra, coz I found that graphics could work better. I found a post for a similar laptop and combined the files from that post with some files in the post you provided. After a long struggling and playing around with files and patches, I managed to install Sierra and it is working great with the Intel HD 530 graphics.

The most important thing that I need to do now is to get the WiFi to work, I don't have ethernet network enabled at the moment, it is being blocked.

Can you please guide me to enable the WIFi!!
I tried different Kexts and methods, including AtherosE2200, ALXEthernet and NullEthernet, but couldn't get it to work..
my laptop has the Gigabyte Killer WiFi...

I managed to connect to the inter net using my iPhone via USB tethering, and it is working.

hope someone can provide some tips,

Thanks<<<<<

So, I have updated my profile and added my laptop specs.

However, I've decided to go for the OSX Sierra, coz I found that graphics could work better. I found a post for a similar laptop and combined the files from that post with some files in the post you provided. After a long struggling and playing around with files and patches, I managed to install Sierra and it is working great with the Intel HD 530 graphics.

The most important thing that I need to do now is to get the WiFi to work, I don't have ethernet network enabled at the moment, it is being blocked.

Can you please guide me to enable the WIFi!!
I tried different Kexts and methods, including AtherosE2200, ALXEthernet and NullEthernet, but couldn't get it to work..
my laptop has the Gigabyte Killer WiFi...

I managed to connect to the inter net using my iPhone via USB tethering, and it is working.

hope someone can provide some tips,

Thanks<<<<<

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks for the response,,

Could you please specify what should I look for exactly!!??

As I said, I am not that experienced in development, just following tutorials and instructions,,,

I have done many things including the ones stated in the provided link, to enable the wifi, but still no luck..

So far, I made little progress, I managed to get the bluetooth working.... I believe that some drivers are for both bluetooth and wifi, while others have separate drivers,,,

Using DPCIManager, I see 2 Qualcomm Atheros:

1. Vendor: 1969 Device: E0A1 Description: Network Controller, Ethernet Controller (Kext present in S\L\E) >>> AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

2. Vendor: 168C Device: 003E Description: Network Controller, Network Controller (Kext not present in S\L\E)

from what I read, I think the second one is the wifi... as per the link you provided..

I have attached my config.plist and Loaded kexts files....

Hope you find them helpful....

thanks for the support >>>

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 250
  • Loaded Kext.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 246
Thanks for the response,,

Could you please specify what should I look for exactly!!??

As I said, I am not that experienced in development, just following tutorials and instructions,,,

I have done many things including the ones stated in the provided link, to enable the wifi, but still no luck..

So far, I made little progress, I managed to get the bluetooth working.... I believe that some drivers are for both bluetooth and wifi, while others have separate drivers,,,

Using DPCIManager, I see 2 Qualcomm Atheros:

1. Vendor: 1969 Device: E0A1 Description: Network Controller, Ethernet Controller (Kext present in S\L\E) >>> AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

2. Vendor: 168C Device: 003E Description: Network Controller, Network Controller (Kext not present in S\L\E)

from what I read, I think the second one is the wifi... as per the link you provided..

I have attached my config.plist and Loaded kexts files....

Hope you find them helpful....

thanks for the support >>>

As per FAQ, you need to replace your WiFi hardware with supported WiFi hardware.

As per FAQ, you need to replace your WiFi hardware with supported WiFi hardware.

Ahaa.. ok.. now I understand .. thank you so much ...

Hello again guys,

according to my system specs, would I be able to use the GTX 970m with Sierra???

For now, it is working perfectly with the Intel GPU HD 530...

In my Laptop, I can use 1 gpu at a time, by switching between them using a button besides the keyboard..

I have installed the CUDA latest driver utility.. and also installed the Nvidia web deriver that is for Sierra 10.12.6 for Build: 16G29 >>> the same as my system...

the GPU is still not detected as shown in CUDA .... in About this mac>> shows GTX 970m 2048 mb >> but maybe because I enabled inject Nvidia....

Attached config.plist, Loaded kexts and screenshot of Graphics/Displays>>>

thanks>>>> Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 02.12.15.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 02.12.15.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 02.12.15.png Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 02.12.15.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Loaded Kexts.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 249
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back