Contribute
Register

MSI GT72 6QD Dominator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
As mentioned in @emdirector comments, Am I able to create an installation boot ssd drive, and then install macOS into that same drive also? Wwhich mean I can do everything with only one drive for two purposes
How is it possible? Could you confirm and help me with that?
Thanks @RehabMan , you help me so much.

I don't know what you mean by "installation boot ssd drive". For the installer, we use a USB stick.

I don't know what you mean by "installation boot ssd drive". For the installer, we use a USB stick.
I mean we dont need a usb drive for installer. We could use a hdd drive as the installer.

I think that is what @emdirector mean

Ow, I see.
Looking at specs, you do have dedicated 970m GPU without Intel.
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GT72-6QD-Dominator-G.html#hero-specification

Good news - you can make 970m work with Nvidia Web Drivers.
I have done so for 980m/980 in few of my hackbook pro builds.

@HorchaudiBMW I have done 2 laptops with dedicated GPU - and they are working w/full acceleration. Intel GPU is disabled by manufacturer. Works great!
This is similar case to what I have written in my ASUS ROG G701VO-CS74K post.

@KhoaNguyen12345 Couple questions:
-Which one do you have: 4K or FullHD screen?
-Does SD card reader work in macOS?
-Webcam?

For booting, you can have very small USB3 thumbnail drive and use that to boot into macOS.

I have old model MSI GT72 with a i7-4720hq GTX 980M labtop, also i can disable the intel HD graphic through the BIOS, i want to driver the GTX 980M, but it have a blurred screen boot with UEFI, and the GTX980M can not find the LVDS output port, can u help me? thanks

Attachments

• admin的MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 171
  • 122935q23qs9q9w3d3wh3d.jpg
    122935q23qs9q9w3d3wh3d.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 192
I have old model MSI GT72 with a i7-4720hq GTX 980M labtop, also i can disable the intel HD graphic through the BIOS, i want to driver the GTX 980M, but it have a blurred screen boot with UEFI, and the GTX980M can not find the LVDS output port, can u help me? thanks

1). Have you tried booting with bootflag nv_disable=1 ?
Then installing web-drivers and then in Clover Configurator checking SYSTEM PARAMETERS -> ☑ NvidiaWeb
2). You need to be extra careful with SMBIOS. Read thru my threads/posts that I have posted, I have laid out exactly what SMBIOSes worked for me. One of them is MacBookPro10,1 SMBIOS
2). Have you tried disabling Nvidia GPU and booting with Intel? Is there option to do that?
Reason I ask, is to see if you can get a successful boot into macOS.

Good afternoon.

I know that this is a quite old thread, but i have problems with a similar device.

I have a MSI GT72 6QD, with the following characteristics:
CPU= Core i7 6700HQ
Mobo= MS-1782 Skylake-H PCH
DDR4
Non optimus graphics card (bios selection): nvidia 970M or HD 530

I am quite curious about Mac operating system as I have worked with different types of Linux and Windows, but I can't make it work in my device. I have insalled it in other devices, MSI gt60, non laptop X99, for example.

I have tried different guides with Yosemite, Capitan and Sierra without success.

I have even tried the RehadMan guides, and the unibeast/multibeast installation too, but no matter how many different boot flags I use, I can't start the installation process.

The nearer I get is a memory problem, something about error allocating memory pages, and that it coulnd't allocate runtime area.

I don't know if I am doing something really bad, but I would thank any advice.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back