Contribute
Register

MSI GS70 Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already checked and compiled everything from FAQ, but here I'm just asking for a people who has almost the same HW as mine ,chipset HM87 is almost 99% equals to HM170 in terms of drivers and dsdt atleast for Linux which is my current SO. I asked here like in the other post ,but maybe someone who owns GS72 already done something and visit this post and checked the config.

I'm not asking for anyone who does the work for me, don't misunderstand me.

Anyway , thanks for at least replying me :D

Not really.
Two generations apart.
Apart of two generations old. This is not a issue for be almost equals, just check linux sources to realise that is equals talking about chipset gpio,interfaces and so on:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/b...751bda56a378589202a118b/drivers/mfd/lpc_ich.c

For instance ich v8 for H87 and ich v10 H1xx is the same in terms of gpio and interfaces, this is a well known thing in linux this is why intel drivers works pretty well on any linux kernel because their chipsets doesn't change many things between generations.

I will try anyway following the instructions of the FAQ.

Apart of two generations old. This is not a issue for be almost equals, just check linux sources to realise that is equals talking about chipset gpio,interfaces and so on:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/b...751bda56a378589202a118b/drivers/mfd/lpc_ich.c

For instance ich v8 for H87 and ich v10 H1xx is the same in terms of gpio and interfaces, this is a well known thing in linux this is why intel drivers works pretty well on any linux kernel because their chipsets doesn't change many things between generations.

I will try anyway following the instructions of the FAQ.

I don't think you know much about hackintosh.

Major differences between Clover config.plist settings as related to graphics injection/patches required.
Differences in kexts required due to differences in SATA device-ids and missing native support in macOS.
Likely major differences between ACPI patches required.

You'll find out as you work through the issues.
Read the laptop FAQ and related topics so you understand more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back