Contribute
Register

MSI GS65 UHD630 & RTX2060 16GB NvME 512GB. - ACPI Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried every single port and used a USB 2.0 drive. I'm still getting the same error. Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening?

Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening?

Search for "still waiting for root device".

Still.png

Most of the solutions require USB 2.0 ports, and I don't have any on my laptop. Not really sure where to go from here.

Most of the solutions require USB 2.0 ports

It's odd that you can absorb that information yet totally disregard the part about trying with a USB 2 hub.

Looks like, in order to fix this, I'd have to buy one. It's worth a shot, I guess.

Looks like, in order to fix this, I'd have to buy one. It's worth a shot, I guess.

"Still waiting for root device".

When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
It can be caused by using a flash drive that is greater than 32GB, if this is the case you must create a partition of 32GB or less.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

Thanks for the info.

Ah ok, the guide is more a general tutorial than GS65 specific - makes sense then.
I tried making it a more general tutorial for MSI laptops but I was using my computer as an example but each computer is slightly different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back