Contribute
Register

MSI GS65 UHD630 & RTX2060 16GB NvME 512GB. - ACPI Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, thank you so much for your work! Working version 10.14 for a fresh MSI laptop is a great find. I also had a question about the backlight of the keyboard. I totally got the clover from annaclets. The backlight worked, but the usb ports did not work in 3.0 mode. I replaced USBInjectAll with USBxhci from my early clover. The situation has changed :) usb work but the backlight is gone.
I would be grateful if you tell me what is my mistake.

Guys, thank you so much for your work! Working version 10.14 for a fresh MSI laptop is a great find. I also had a question about the backlight of the keyboard. I totally got the clover from annaclets. The backlight worked, but the usb ports did not work in 3.0 mode. I replaced USBInjectAll with USBxhci from my early clover. The situation has changed :) usb work but the backlight is gone.
I am glad your system is working. During testing I did not run into any USB 3.0 issue, how did you come to the conclusion that the USB 3.0 was not working?
If you want to use your USBxhci kext, you need to modify it for your current system per XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

I am glad your system is working. During testing I did not run into any USB 3.0 issue, how did you come to the conclusion that the USB 3.0 was not working?
If you want to use your USBxhci kext, you need to modify it for your current system per XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Thanks for the link. It is huge, I will read it readily. I’m not good at manual tuning, and this article will definitely allow me to figure it out better.
Like the skip5050, I first began to collect all the information about the possibility to install the Mac on this laptop model. This forum thread and one article on GS65 is all I could find.
I thought a tuned clover for the GS75 would be a good solution. And so it happened, but usb did not work.
The system does not see hard drives with a connection usb 3.0. With usb 2.0 drives no problem.
After reading a little bit of the article, I begin to think that the port numbers of the SE version laptop (rtx2060) may differ from the high model with rtx2080

Thanks for the link. It is huge, I will read it readily. I’m not good at manual tuning, and this article will definitely allow me to figure it out better.
Like the skip5050, I first began to collect all the information about the possibility to install the Mac on this laptop model. This forum thread and one article on GS65 is all I could find.
I thought a tuned clover for the GS75 would be a good solution. And so it happened, but usb did not work.
The system does not see hard drives with a connection usb 3.0. With usb 2.0 drives no problem.
After reading a little bit of the article, I begin to think that the port numbers of the SE version laptop (rtx2060) may differ from the high model with rtx2080

Another option is to follow the Creating a custom ssdt for usbinjectall guide. In order to determine your working USB ports and create a working ssdt. Remember to remove the uia-ssdt from your clover patched folder and reboot before starting the procedure.

Just a thought - your laptop specs may be more similar to itech's than mine - have you tried using his Clover setup, specifically his SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml, from post #10 of this thread?

Here is an updated Clover setup with mostly everything working. I did not change the wifi card, so I did not test that. DGPU not working, not currently supported. but is disabled using SSDT-DDGPU
Sleep works fine with the occasional black screen on wake. Yes backlight control has been implemented.
USB-C and Thunderbolt works but when in use, it will enable the DGPU
that's it enjoy. all required files are attached.
Thanks, it works fine on my GS65 9SD.

Same issue here with the brightness key repeating when pressed. Attached is my Clover folder, pls note that my hackintosh is totally vanilla, i.e. nothing installed in L/E.
I used your EFI files, it works. Thanks~
My device is GS75 8SG.
But the cooling fan continues to run at high speed, and I suspect that the CPU(i7-8750H) cannot work at Turbo mode. Then I tried CPUFriend, but is useless. How do you solve this problem?
Then the sound card can't be driven. Do I need to modify some parameters myself?

I feel that MSI GS is very dependent on the Dragon Center. Out of the dragon center, the computer becomes very power hungry and hot.

I feel that MSI GS is very dependent on the Dragon Center. Out of the dragon center, the computer becomes very power hungry and hot.
If your dGPU is disabled and iGPU/CPU Power management is working, it should run normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back