Contribute
Register

MSI GS65 UHD630 & RTX2060 16GB NvME 512GB. - ACPI Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
What issues are you having with the keyboard backlight, because my keayboard backlight brightness keys work fine, I just cannot change the profile color out side of windows.

Up to the Clover menu the keyboard backlight is on and turns off completely when macOS boots up.

Up to the Clover menu the keyboard backlight is on and turns off completely when macOS boots up.
Sorry, double entry.

Interesting, my keyboard backlight turns off and turns back on during boot. I will see if I can emulate your issue on my system.

I think I know what your issue is, boot without the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml from your EFI->Clover->ACPI->Patched folder, and upload your your debug folder so I can analyze it. but long story short is the SSDT-UIAC-ALL SSDT is excluding the usb port for your system internal keyboard, it was made to the specs of my laptop which has a total of 6 USB2.0 ports, yours has 7 or 8 USB 2.0 ports.

But since you updated to 10.4.5, you may get a KP booting without it as the port limit patch was probably only for 10.4.4

I think I know what your issue is, boot without the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml from your EFI->Clover->ACPI->Patched folder, and upload your your debug folder so I can analyze it. but long story short is the SSDT-UIAC-ALL SSDT is excluding the usb port for your system internal keyboard, it was made to the specs of my laptop which has a total of 6 USB2.0 ports, yours has 7 or 8 USB 2.0 ports.

But since you updated to 10.4.5, you may get a KP booting without it as the port limit patch was probably only for 10.4.4

Once again, you're absolutely right, and thanks for giving me the clue. I've had someone else's Clover installer before I used yours and couldn't figure out how his installer would turn back on the keyboard backlight during boot. I copied his SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml into my ACPI Patched folder and voila, let there be light.

All systems are go now, and thanks a lot for everything.

Once again, you're absolutely right, and thanks for giving me the clue. I've had someone else's Clover installer before I used yours and couldn't figure out how his installer would turn back on the keyboard backlight during boot. I copied his SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml into my ACPI Patched folder and voila, let there be light.

All systems are go now, and thanks a lot for everything.
I am glad to hear it, do you mine uploading your clover folder to help someone else with similar config, also
Are you seeing any issues on your system with the brightness control key patch? I want to see if the issue is specific to my system, is the brightness key repeating when pressed?

I am glad to hear it, do you mine uploading your clover folder to help someone else with similar config, also
Are you seeing any issues on your system with the brightness control key patch? I want to see if the issue is specific to my system, is the brightness key repeating when pressed?

Same issue here with the brightness key repeating when pressed. Attached is my Clover folder, pls note that my hackintosh is totally vanilla, i.e. nothing installed in L/E.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 143
Same issue here with the brightness key repeating when pressed. Attached is my Clover folder, pls note that my hackintosh is totally vanilla, i.e. nothing installed in L/E.
Really great work annaclets and itech. You guys saved me a ton of work and annaclets your clover was a great drop in for my gs75! Worked perfectly with keyboard lights and commands working. I can even dim the screen, control the keyboard brightness, and control the volume! Great work!
Annaclets, are you running high sierra or mojave? I was wondering if it was worth the ability to run the geforce drivers in high sierra? I'm running 10.14.5 just fine. What WiFi card are you using for your gs75?

Last edited:
Really great work annaclets and itech. You guys saved me a ton of work and annaclets your clover was a great drop in for my gs75! Worked perfectly with keyboard lights and commands working. I can even dim the screen, control the keyboard brightness, and control the volume! Great work!
Annaclets, are you running high sierra or mojave? I was wondering if it was worth the ability to run the geforce drivers in high sierra? I'm running 10.14.5 just fine. What WiFi card are you using for your gs75?

Glad to know it's all working for you, the credit belongs entirely to itech. Re your queries:
- I'm running both High Sierra and Mojave
- Geforce/DGPU will always outperform IGPU, too bad there are still no web drivers
- Currently, I'm planning on using only a USB WiFi adapter for macOS

Last edited:
Glad to know it's all working for you, the credit belongs entirely to itech. Re your queries:
- I'm running both High Sierra and Mojave
- Geforce/DGPU will always outperform IGPU, too bad there are still no web drivers
- Currently, I'm planning on using only a USB WiFi adapter for macOS
Thanks to the both of you.
I hear you on the web drivers for Nvidia. I'm hoping next macOS release will allow them.
I just installed a BCM94352Z - Broadcom Wireless Card/ Bluetooth (2X2AC+BT, 4352 M.2) yesterday. I currently am dual booting Windows 10 and Mojave. In both OS's I can only see the bluetooth device and not the WiFi device. My understanding is they should be separate devices in Windows. Does anyone have any ideas why only Bluetooth will show? My initial thought is that MSI could be blacklisting this WiFi card? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back