Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI 16Q4
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 & RTX 2060
I've followed the Clover guide for laptops, and tried to be as accurate as I could in copying kexts in Other folder:
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
SATA-unsupported.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

I tried to find compiled Aethros 2200 for Killer 2500 LAN and I have no idea if there is a kext for Intel AC 9560 Wifi?

It does go further in booting up -- unlike UniBeast which did nothing. But it would throw up a lot of ACPI errors, and I am not sure what I am missing here. It would hang right after ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2SynaptitcsTouchPad.

I rebooted and tried in safe mode and debug kext. Then it would freeze after Kext com.apple.filsystems.apfs loaded

MSI Gs65 Stealth Thin with Nvidia RTX2060. 144hz display.

For macOS, I want it to use only Intel UHD630 graphics. I have 1TB SATA SSD ready to install in second slot -- and I did not disable the Windows 10 NvME SSD (512GB) which is already installed. I intend to dual boot into PC and macOS by having two drives separate.

I note that I used UHD630 for Coffee Lake plist and inject it says yes to ATI and Nvidia but no to Intel. I left it as is?

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Marvin

I've followed the Clover guide for laptops, and tried to be as accurate as I could in copying kexts in Other folder:
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
SATA-unsupported.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

I tried to find compiled Aethros 2200 for Killer 2500 LAN and I have no idea if there is a kext for Intel AC 9560 Wifi?

It does go further in booting up -- unlike UniBeast which did nothing. But it would throw up a lot of ACPI errors, and I am not sure what I am missing here. It would hang right after ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2SynaptitcsTouchPad.

I rebooted and tried in safe mode and debug kext. Then it would freeze after Kext com.apple.filsystems.apfs loaded

For macOS, I want it to use only Intel UHD630 graphics. I have 1TB SATA SSD ready to install in second slot -- and I did not disable the Windows 10 NvME SSD (512GB) which is already installed. I intend to dual boot into PC and macOS by having two drives separate.

I note that I used UHD630 for Coffee Lake plist and inject it says yes to ATI and Nvidia but no to Intel. I left it as is?

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Marvin
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
SATA-unsupported.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Marvin
I have the same laptop and I don't get, for more than I try and change, to move from the apple logo with the loading bar. Did you get it installed correctly?
I make the bootable USB with Mojave installer and Mojave Unibeast

I have the same laptop and I don't get, for more than I try and change, to move from the apple logo with the loading bar. Did you get it installed correctly?
I make the bootable USB with Mojave installer and Mojave Unibeast
the laptop guide linked above doesn't use unibeast

Working MSI GS65 8SE with RTX 2060, should work with all variants with different RTX cards.

This is assuming you already have a somewhat working installer. If you do not, please follow Rehabman's Guide: Booting OS X installer on laptops with Clover.

Copy the clover folder and overwrite the items in your USB efi/clover folder

Hopefully Install should go fine.

Post install:
install clover EFI bootloader with default options to system drive
Copy the clover folder on your usb and overwrite the items in your system drive efi/clover folder. The Clover folder has a Patched DSDT file, and several other SSDT files.
Install the kext in the Library/extensions folder to the system Library/Extensions folder using kextbeast.

Reboot

please follow Rehabman's guide Patching laptop DSDT/SSDTs in oder to create your own DSDT.

I have included the Unpatched DSDT from my system which is based on the latest firmware from MSI.
I have also included a, SSDT patch for usb inject-all that is not complete, I do not own any USB-C devices and for what ever reason my USB3 devices do not work with it, IORegistryExplorer does not show the USB SS ports when I use the SSDT, so work in progress.

battery is discharging at an alarming rate.

I got everything mostly working, I did not replace the wifi card but the necessary files are there for bcm94352, I would write a guide, but I do not have the time.
Thanks to rehabman for the wonderful guides and support

--iTech--

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 280
Working MSI GS65 8SE with RTX 2060, should work with all variants with different RTX cards.

This is assuming you already have a somewhat working installer. If you do not, please follow Rehabman's Guide: Booting OS X installer on laptops with Clover.

Copy the clover folder and overwrite the items in your USB efi/clover folder

Hopefully Install should go fine.

Post install:
install clover EFI bootloader with default options to system drive
Copy the clover folder on your usb and overwrite the items in your system drive efi/clover folder. The Clover folder has a Patched DSDT file, and several other SSDT files.
Install the kext in the Library/extensions folder to the system Library/Extensions folder using kextbeast.

Reboot

please follow Rehabman's guide Patching laptop DSDT/SSDTs in oder to create your own DSDT.

I have included the Unpatched DSDT from my system which is based on the latest firmware from MSI.
I have also included a, SSDT patch for usb inject-all that is not complete, I do not own any USB-C devices and for what ever reason my USB3 devices do not work with it, IORegistryExplorer does not show the USB SS ports when I use the SSDT, so work in progress.

battery is discharging at an alarming rate.

I got everything mostly working, I did not replace the wifi card but the necessary files are there for bcm94352, I would write a guide, but I do not have the time.
Thanks to rehabman for the wonderful guides and support

--iTech--

@itech, thanks for sharing your EFI folder. I have been searching the web for a posting of a GS75 Hackintosh but I have not yet found one. I have found only four postings, including yours, of a GS65 Hackintosh and only yours has not been stuck at some point in the booting process. However, at the final moment of loading the initial screen, my laptop reboots.

Any advice?

@itech, thanks for sharing your EFI folder. I have been searching the web for a posting of a GS75 Hackintosh but I have not yet found one. I have found only four postings, including yours, of a GS65 Hackintosh and only yours has not been stuck at some point in the booting process. However, at the final moment of loading the initial screen, my laptop reboots.

Any advice?
Boot clover with the option “don’t reboot on kernel panic”, so you can see where it is halting and upload a picture. The two things that got my installation going was the “usb port limit patch” in kernel and extensions and the acpi patch in the acpi section.

Boot clover with the option “don’t reboot on kernel panic”, so you can see where it is halting and upload a picture. The two things that got my installation going was the “usb port limit patch” in kernel and extensions and the acpi patch in the acpi section.

@itech, thanks for the quick reply. I tried to boot the usb installer created using UniBeast 9.2 and integrated with your EFI folder plus using the Clover option "don't reboot on kernel panic". It actually boots all the way to the Apple logo and gets stuck at the last moment. No verbose text to show here.

I then tried to boot a Mojave partition that I cloned from my desktop, integrating your Clover folder in the EFI. First attempt was kernel panic, but I missed taking a shot before the screen went to KP details and advice to report this KP to apple.com.

Second attempt, and it booted all the way, for the first time ever! Keyboard and mouse issues, had to restart. No go with regular boot. Clover option "don't reboot..." succeeds in booting all the way. Keyboard and mouse freeze after a few minutes. Have replicated this cycle now for multiple times.

Your suggested Clover option has worked magic for me, many thanks! Any thoughts regarding my new issues?

@itech, thanks for the quick reply. I tried to boot the usb installer created using UniBeast 9.2 and integrated with your EFI folder plus using the Clover option "don't reboot on kernel panic". It actually boots all the way to the Apple logo and gets stuck at the last moment. No verbose text to show here.

I then tried to boot a Mojave partition that I cloned from my desktop, integrating your Clover folder in the EFI. First attempt was kernel panic, but I missed taking a shot before the screen went to KP details and advice to report this KP to apple.com.

Second attempt, and it booted all the way, for the first time ever! Keyboard and mouse issues, had to restart. No go with regular boot. Clover option "don't reboot..." succeeds in booting all the way. Keyboard and mouse freeze after a few minutes. Have replicated this cycle now for multiple times.

Your suggested Clover option has worked magic for me, many thanks! Any thoughts regarding my new issues?

please insure that you are using OsxAptioFix-64 and not AptioMemoryFix-64 and make sure you are only using one. also for laptops you should not be using unibeast, Rehabman has a great guide on Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover which is the preferred method for osx installations on laptop.

Here is an updated Clover setup with mostly everything working. I did not change the wifi card, so I did not test that. DGPU not working, not currently supported. but is disabled using SSDT-DDGPU
Sleep works fine with the occasional black screen on wake. Yes backlight control has been implemented.
USB-C and Thunderbolt works but when in use, it will enable the DGPU
that's it enjoy. all required files are attached.

Attachments

• MSI_GS65_8SE.zip
    36.5 MB · Views: 441
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back