Contribute
Register

MSI GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to upgrade from sierra to high sierra but I got stuck after first reboot.
any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20180516_215253.jpg
    IMG_20180516_215253.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 150
Hi StijnD i have a trouble with hd630,too.I am on Mojave right now.I can use bt,ethernet.But I can't use my hd630.I tried so many things but they didn't solve my problem.I have same laptop as you do.
GS63VR7RF gtx1060 hd630 7700hq 1tb hdd 256 ssd
I just wanna activate my hd630,it is 31mb right now in the about this Mac menu.
What am I supposed to do please help me?
I am using dual boot with clover.Windows is on ssd.MacOS Mojave on hdd.Also I have 4k screen.

Hi StijnD i have a trouble with hd630,too.I am on Mojave right now.I can use bt,ethernet.But I can't use my hd630.I tried so many things but they didn't solve my problem.I have same laptop as you do.
GS63VR7RF gtx1060 hd630 7700hq 1tb hdd 256 ssd
I just wanna activate my hd630,it is 31mb right now in the about this Mac menu.
What am I supposed to do please help me?
I am using dual boot with clover.Windows is on ssd.MacOS Mojave on hdd.Also I have 4k screen.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

I've followed info in this thread to fix intel and nvidia I've recommend to check videos I've added

Can you help me to configure my boot? i have also a MSI GS63VR

I know from using HDD in the past that they don't handle poweroutages/crashes pretty well & that they can end up corrupted. I've had that issue years ago with my windows-pc's from time to time, But this is the first time on mac that I came accross this issue. I do notice that from time to time, when shutting down, the computers seems to power off before the HDD has stopped. I can hear a slight buzzing noise of the HDD slowing down rapidly. As I didn't have any problems, I presumed it wasn't bad. (if it's not broken, why fix it?) Thus now I'm thinking this might be the cause, but that can only mean that the system powers off to quickly OR crashed during shutdown .... ?
Hello friend, do you have your config file??
I am trying to run high Sierra in the exact same laptop, but I am having a lot of issues.

Thanks!!

Hello,
I have been reading and testing and reading and testing again. I am able to boot to Sierra but I have a problem with setting up the graphics card (intel630) and audio. Every time I make an adjustment, I end up with kernel errors. Can anyone post a guide for post installation on this particular laptop? I am so close, I don't want to give up. Please help!

Try to find the Dell XPS 15 4K clover settings for the hd630.If you find the file just dont do any change,just copy that and past to your file’s place.And remove the older file.I solved the problem that way for my 4k screen gs63vr

Thank you I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back