Contribute
Register

MSI GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice! I'm also looking to hackintosh the exact same model when mine arrives :) Any progress regarding audio?
Not yet, I haven't had the time last weekend to further investigate the issue, but I will probably be looking into it further next weekend.

A small update; I haven't been able to fix the audio yet, I'm currently using a bluetooth usb-dongle (which is detected automatically apparently) and a bluetooth headset, which works fine for now. I've been using the Mac Osx partition as a system to work on professionally and currently this is working out very well.

The display-port & hdmi are directly hooked to the gtx 1060, so I can't use those. I can however use the usb-c with a apple-dongle and use a hdmi-display via that dongle. I did notice an issue with this setup yesterday; And it's probably caused by my faulty DTST battery patch. When the battery is not 100% I can't use the usb-c dongle. The moment i plug it in, the system crashes & reboots. I've added a screenshot of the last few messages i got before plugging in the usb-c dongle (with hdmi plugged in) & it automatically reboots.

After a night of charging, the battery is now 100% and I have no issue's what so ever using the external display via the usb-c.

I'm working on getting the battery patch correct, and that will probably fix this issue. My calender is geting a bit less cluttered so hopefully I'm able to get cracking with the audio again soon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 08.22.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 08.22.44.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 194
A small update; I haven't been able to fix the audio yet, I'm currently using a bluetooth usb-dongle (which is detected automatically apparently) and a bluetooth headset, which works fine for now. I've been using the Mac Osx partition as a system to work on professionally and currently this is working out very well.

The display-port & hdmi are directly hooked to the gtx 1060, so I can't use those. I can however use the usb-c with a apple-dongle and use a hdmi-display via that dongle. I did notice an issue with this setup yesterday; And it's probably caused by my faulty DTST battery patch. When the battery is not 100% I can't use the usb-c dongle. The moment i plug it in, the system crashes & reboots. I've added a screenshot of the last few messages i got before plugging in the usb-c dongle (with hdmi plugged in) & it automatically reboots.

After a night of charging, the battery is now 100% and I have no issue's what so ever using the external display via the usb-c.

I'm working on getting the battery patch correct, and that will probably fix this issue. My calender is geting a bit less cluttered so hopefully I'm able to get cracking with the audio again soon.

Sounds like you patched ACPI incorrectly...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok I've been checking the issue further. Arriving at the office with 100% battery, the issue with the usb-c to hdmi dongle (apple one) still persists. It started after mac osx crashed yesterday. So now everytime I insert the dongle with the hdmi in use, the system crashes. Just plugging in the dongle, is no problem what so ever. I've tried mulitple screens & even other dongles (usb-c to vga as well), but no avail.

I thought i could capture some info on the crash when inserting the hdmi-monitor via the console log, but the crash doesn't log anything :s

I've included the requested files as in the problem reporting faq. I've also included the log of the day the system crashed after which external monitor via the dongle stopped working.

Attachments

• usb-c-dongle-issue.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 120
  • day-of-crash.log.zip
    73.7 KB · Views: 91
Ok I've been checking the issue further. Arriving at the office with 100% battery, the issue with the usb-c to hdmi dongle (apple one) still persists. It started after mac osx crashed yesterday. So now everytime I insert the dongle with the hdmi in use, the system crashes. Just plugging in the dongle, is no problem what so ever. I've tried mulitple screens & even other dongles (usb-c to vga as well), but no avail.

I thought i could capture some info on the crash when inserting the hdmi-monitor via the console log, but the crash doesn't log anything :s

I've included the requested files as in the problem reporting faq. I've also included the log of the day the system crashed after which external monitor via the dongle stopped working.

ACPI not patched correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I've been fiddleing with the issue some more, as removing my BAD ACPI patch had no influence what so ever. I have reinstalled my mac-os again, and directly after installing & patching the pixelclock & fixing the graphics (nothing else). The USB-C dongle works. But after 1 reboot, the issue returned. I tried re-installing again. Did exactly the same, but this time the usb-c dongle didn't work .... very strange. And then I started booting again with the dongle plugged in, and trying some various modes etc. Just verbose doesn't render any issue's just reboots as soon as the apple-logo appears. But trying to boot into safe-mode I got a read on the error/panic thrown, while trying to boot in safemode (see attached). It mentions the IOkit in the backtrace. Could this be related to the pixel-clock patch? The screen I am connecting is just a normal 1920x1080 screen over hdmi (so no QHD or UHD).

Does the ACPI have any influence on this issue specifically?

Attachments

• boot-log.jpg
    boot-log.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 262
I've been fiddleing with the issue some more, as removing my BAD ACPI patch had no influence what so ever. I have reinstalled my mac-os again, and directly after installing & patching the pixelclock & fixing the graphics (nothing else). The USB-C dongle works. But after 1 reboot, the issue returned. I tried re-installing again. Did exactly the same, but this time the usb-c dongle didn't work .... very strange. And then I started booting again with the dongle plugged in, and trying some various modes etc. Just verbose doesn't render any issue's just reboots as soon as the apple-logo appears. But trying to boot into safe-mode I got a read on the error/panic thrown, while trying to boot in safemode (see attached). It mentions the IOkit in the backtrace. Could this be related to the pixel-clock patch? The screen I am connecting is just a normal 1920x1080 screen over hdmi (so no QHD or UHD).

Does the ACPI have any influence on this issue specifically?

Is DVMT-prealloc set correctly?

I Finally have some time to better fix my Hackintosh again.. so I'm looking back into the battery patch & audio. And looking forward to the announced pascal drivers & curious if they will be stable.

In the battery-patch thread Rehabman told me the following:
The patch is wrong.
You cannot use B1B2 as the target of a Store op.
Such Stores (writes to 16-bit EC field) must be broken into two separate Store ops.
See examples in the existing repo...

I've attached my orinigal DSDT & the patch I created back then. I just couldn't find any info on how I should fix those stores, @RehabMan could you perhaps point me to the solution because you mention "examples in the repo" but I've got no clue in which laptop battery patch file to look .... ?
I did read the following part in your tutorial :
into method label WE1B parent_label H_EC remove_entry;
into method label WECB parent_label H_EC remove_entry;​

Is this what I need to look into??

Attachments

• MSI-gs63vr-7rf.battery.zip
    41 KB · Views: 151
I Finally have some time to better fix my Hackintosh again.. so I'm looking back into the battery patch & audio. And looking forward to the announced pascal drivers & curious if they will be stable.

In the battery-patch thread Rehabman told me the following:

I've attached my orinigal DSDT & the patch I created back then. I just couldn't find any info on how I should fix those stores, @RehabMan could you perhaps point me to the solution because you mention "examples in the repo" but I've got no clue in which laptop battery patch file to look .... ?
I did read the following part in your tutorial :
into method label WE1B parent_label H_EC remove_entry;
into method label WECB parent_label H_EC remove_entry;​

Is this what I need to look into??

If you look at the battery patches already in the repo, you should be able to find examples of how Store ops to 16-bit targets are handled.

I'm new to the hackintosh community. I also have a MSI GS63VR 7RF. Is the clover configuration dialed in enough at this point that you would recommend using it in a daily-use environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back